It has begun

Just set up my first store bought incubator I got for cheep on eBay. Was very sceptical about the quality but its kept good consistent temp and humidity for the last 2 days. Just set 8 guinea fowl eggs. Fingers crossed!

I'm sorry, not sure how I missed this.....

congrats on your set Linda.

Plucky, I bought a cheap still air styro bator.........I was very happy with it thru the first hatch.

here is an update on the hatched chicks. I've moved them to the grow out pen, out side.

group pic

this little one has some distinct color patterns...

wing

head

this one is kind of so ugly it's cute. I'm interested to see how it will look fully feathered.

the frizzle. kind of hoping this one will be a hen, and we can later get some frizzle chicks out of her.

I really wanted to get an individual pic of the one in the middle of this poto, looking right.

booger was too quick, and camera shy!!

I really wanted to get an individual pic of the one in the middle of this poto, looking right.

booger was too quick, and camera shy!!

Looks like a real nice variety! I really like the one you said is so ugly its cute. (I own a Pug dog! lol) Curious how that one feathers out. The frizzle is pretty too. Looks cochin, and I'm betting female!

I took a few pics this weekend too

Candling pic, day 7, silkie/cochin egg:

Love this little white quail, but I only got one, so it might be the first to become dinner lol

Hatched 2 of these, hopefully a male and a female.
fl.gif

And look at these! A friend that I hatched a duckling for ordered Black East Indies ducklings, and said she ordered 3 for me!!!
smile.png

Looks like a real nice variety! I really like the one you said is so ugly its cute. (I own a Pug dog! lol) Curious how that one feathers out. The frizzle is pretty too. Looks cochin, and I'm betting female!

I took a few pics this weekend too

Candling pic, day 7, silkie/cochin egg:

Love this little white quail, but I only got one, so it might be the first to become dinner lol

Hatched 2 of these, hopefully a male and a female.
fl.gif

And look at these! A friend that I hatched a duckling for ordered Black East Indies ducklings, and said she ordered 3 for me!!!
smile.png

yeah, the frizzle was camera shy too.......couldn't turn it enough to get a good pic of the head, and comb......but so far, it's looking hen-ish....

congrats on the new ducks!!!

another step towards the addiction?

we are gonna hatch some chicks to sell for Easter.

should have made up my mind sooner, and could have done ducks and chickens.......

ducks are in the plan for at the house........but if I'd have made up my mind sooner, we could of hatched ducks to sell for Easter........

Back
Top Bottom