I've finally got me some Mountain Quail eggs!! Anyone else raise them?

Nice Video's
smile.png

hi
ive raised mountains for a few years, not a quail breed for some one just starting out.i do sell eggs , up north here in Maine they start laying last of April, first of may.im not going to raise mountains in 2013, im just going to sell eggs this year. may also sell a couple pair of breeders in april.mountain quail chicks will toe pick,so when they are 3days old you have to trim the tip of their beak for then next 4 or 5 weeks. they need lots of space so do not over crowd them.juvinile quail will also fight and pick so you have to watch them . but they are a very pretty quail and the males have a nice call, they are hard to sex intill they mature. Doug

$60 a doz sounds like a great deal to me! Did u pick them up or were they deliverd?

Last edited:
Hi, I live in suffolk, va. I'm interested in mountain quail.I see a poat from a member in ches. va. from last year.
How is egg laying going this year?

Hi, I live in suffolk, va. I'm interested in mountain quail.I see a poat from a member in ches. va. from last year.
How is egg laying going this year?

As of now,I still haven't got any eggs. I'm expecting them anytime now though, and they have been breeding for over a month now so they should be fertile as soon as they start. For about the first 2 weeks, those eggs are already spoken for, but after that, all are free game. Recently, eggs have been selling from anywhere between $10-$20 on eggbid and eBay, and I plan to sell them for $8/egg with guaranteed fertility, although I can't guarantee hatch rate. Check back with me in about 2 weeks an send me a private message and hopefully they'll be ready then.

I've got 3 different bloodlines, from 3 different breeders across the country.

Last edited:
As of now,I still haven't got any eggs. I'm expecting them anytime now though, and they have been breeding for over a month now so they should be fertile as soon as they start. For about the first 2 weeks, those eggs are already spoken for, but after that, all are free game. Recently, eggs have been selling from anywhere between $10-$20 on eggbid and eBay, and I plan to sell them for $8/egg with guaranteed fertility, although I can't guarantee hatch rate. Check back with me in about 2 weeks an send me a private message and hopefully they'll be ready then.

I've got 3 different bloodlines, from 3 different breeders across the country.

Hope yours are fertile. Mines already started laying, but they are not laying a lot. I saw mines mated before the egg-laying began, and just today, after 8 days of incubation, 1 out of 5 eggs appears to be developing. Looks like this is going to be another bad year for me (AGAIN!).
th.gif

Hi Guy's, As a mountain quail breeder myself, and I love to read all the forums on them. It's a constant search for their eggs and live quail. I know, I am at that stage now. But If your interested, I could give you a link to a site that will sex a feather for you. I had mine done. But I have a question for you. Can I run two hen's with one cock.. How will they get on. Yes, I would love some eggs from any of you. But alas and alac, I am too far away from you to be viable. I am in the UK. I have eggs in the incie now. Mountain quail, But I won't use them with my cock. Also, I have some ROUL ROUL partridge young to sell.

BOB in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom