I've finally got me some Mountain Quail eggs!! Anyone else raise them?

To see if 2 females will work with one male, I guess it depends on the birds. In my experience when I had 2 females and one male free ranging in a backyard, one female tried to drive the other away (this was before the breeding season) and so there was fighting (
). But if you put them in a cage, I'm sure they'll do fine. It's interesting because I've read that some people are successful with colony breeding. But in the wild, they are only found in secluded pairs during the spring. Maybe it's the enclosure or something.

hi, can you please let me know where i can get some montain quail? Iv been looking for a decent deal but i cant find anything i can afford.

...Iv been looking for a decent deal but i cant find anything i can afford.
As an fyi, adult birds are normally $100 per pair and eggs are $10 each. If that's the price range at which you can afford, then ok. Try looking for eggs as they are normally sold this time of year (adults are rarely sold at this time of year). In the fall and winter is when breeders will have adult pairs for sale.

you can not believe how happy i was when i found the period you had put between eat and you.

the first time i read your reply as----------------------------- there is a trick in getting them to eat you !

i am going to invest in a new pair of reading glasses real soon most definitely now..

yet i do have to admit its much more dangerous and daring reading all the posts with out them ..

can i ask where did you get your mountain quail from would like to get a dozen. can you put me incontact whith you supplyer thanks.

After weeks and weeks of losing auctions and hours of searching for Mountain quail eggs, I finally found a breeder with reasonable prices and got myself a dozen eggs to hatch. Recently, I've seen auctions on ebay and eggbid selling eggs for as low as $8 an egg, all the way up to $20 an egg, and I was lucky enough to get them for $5 each. So hopefully Ill have a good hatch and on the way to having my own flock. Does anyone else out there raise Mountain quail? Any pictures or experiences/tips with them would be appreciated. Thanks
I would like to purchase some bobwhite or some California valley quail

Back
Top Bottom