January 2015 Beach Themed Afghan Square Donation

I also tried one. I really like the pattern, but I'm easy to please ;). Mine is also quite small; too small for blocking to fix. I used an I, so might give one a shot with one of my largest hooks and see what happens.

Great! I used a H and it came out just about right. I am a pretty loose crocheter, though. Feel free to send the smaller square too, if you'd like. I could just throw a border on it and try to make it work.

What did you think of the pattern?

I used the "I" hook they suggested. It's an inch to small unless I stretch it. I'll switch to a "J" and try that. I intended to send you it anyhow. I figure you can do what you want with it.
lol.png
Maybe add a round of half or single crochets.

I'm at 10.5 inches square using an N hook. Yikes! I think I'll see if I can find a larger hook. Do they make them larger than N? Lol. Otherwise I may have to resort to adding a row. I hate to mess with the pattern, so I'm gonna see what hooks are available first.

I'm at 10.5 inches square using an N hook. Yikes! I think I'll see if I can find a larger hook. Do they make them larger than N? Lol. Otherwise I may have to resort to adding a row. I hate to mess with the pattern, so I'm gonna see what hooks are available first.
I don't think I've seen an "N" hook. mIne just go up to "J". With the "I" I've got an 11" square.

I don't think I've seen an "N" hook.  mIne just go up to "J".  With the "I" I've got an 11" square.  

Here's my N next to my J for reference. It's huge really!

I love it for making anything that could use a loose stitch, which apparently is a huge challenge for me. ive been using it to make a lot of quick scarves lately.

:lau
So...yesterday I found size P and Q hooks at Walmart. These things are ridiculously huge! I started making the square with the P. Talk about crocheting with a baseball bat. It is so awkward. I measure at the third round and I'm thinking this is way too big. I pull the stitches out and start over with my N. Something isn't right here. I get MY measuring tape. My gauge is really close. I look at my DHs tape he gave me-the one I've been measuring with-these are NOT inches! I have no idea what they are, but they are NOT inches. So anyway, I think I'll be right on gauge with a J. No wonder!!! :gig

Well here are my four squares. I will most likely make another, but in a "white sand" color. I will need your address so pm me.
wink.png
You see I went around the first with half double crochets White since there was not enough blue left. These do seem to use a lot of yarn. Fortunately I have a lot. I've used the same sized hook for the three new ones but even though the measure 12" the dark sand one is just a bit on the edge. It's made with different brand of yarn. Yarn does make a difference, so if making something where it matters it's best to use the same brand and yarn. I have Sayelle from years ago. More yarn to the skein. They used to be 4oz. to a skein, and cheaper of course.

:lau So...yesterday I found size P and Q hooks at Walmart. These things are ridiculously huge! I started making the square with the P. Talk about crocheting with a baseball bat. It is so awkward. I measure at the third round and I'm thinking this is way too big. I pull the stitches out and start over with my N. Something isn't right here. I get MY measuring tape. My gauge is really close. I look at my DHs tape he gave me-the one I've been measuring with-these are NOT inches! I have no idea what they are, but they are NOT inches. So anyway, I think I'll be right on gauge with a J. No wonder!!! :gig
haha! Centimeters!? :) haha. I wonder what unit it was! Maybe it was a fishermans ruler! :)
Well here are my four squares. I will most likely make another, but in a "white sand" color. I will need your address so pm me. ;) You see I went around the first with half double crochets White since there was not enough blue left. These do seem to use a lot of yarn. Fortunately I have a lot. I've used the same sized hook for the three new ones but even though the measure 12" the dark sand one is just a bit on the edge. It's made with different brand of yarn. Yarn does make a difference, so if making something where it matters it's best to use the same brand and yarn. I have Sayelle from years ago. More yarn to the skein. They used to be 4oz. to a skein, and cheaper of course.
wow! Those look awesome!!!!! I will PM you both my address tomorrow. Feel free to send as many squares as you'd like. I will include them all on the blanket :)

Back
Top Bottom