January 2017 Hatch-a-long

And 10 puppies out :)

I am in love!!! Congratulations on all (chicks too)!!!

I candled tonight and took out all of the duds and quitters.
That left me with 29 duck eggs and 3 polish. I might be swimming in ducks soon!!!

Update: I have 6 that made internal pips 4 I made safe holes bc it had been 24 hrs from internal pip 1 externally pipped by his self and the other I have to make a safe hole at 5pm if no progress and 4 are working on internally pipping as we speak so all 10 are still OK as of now! The coolest thing is they have the most precious little chirp in the entire world! I'm definitely in love!

Last edited:
Update: I have 6 that made internal pips 4 I made safe holes bc it had been 24 hrs from internal pip 1 externally pipped by his self and the other I have to make a safe hole at 5pm if no progress and 4 are working on internally pipping as we speak so all 10 are still OK as of now! The coolest thing is they have the most precious little chirp in the entire world! I'm definitely in love!

Watch your humidity carefully when you open and close the bator. You can inadvertently "shrink wrap" your babies in their membranes, especially once you have made holes or if there are pips. Best of luck to you and your babies!

So my eggs were due to hatch yesterday and the embryos are still moving so think I am leaving them for another day or so

I just set 5 eggs in my new incubator, a Sportsman 1502. They look kinda lost with all of that room!

This is my first hatch, so fingers crossed that it goes well. It's so cold here, I'm not getting many eggs daily, and it's possible they got too cold before I brought them in. I'm willing to give it a try! I'm too impatient to wait for more eggs and ideal conditions.

What should I do!!!!! My eggs are now on day 22 I had some hard times with the incubator and now I pulled and egg out to see if it was still alive and it was it was moving !! So should I leave them a while longer or give up?????

Back
Top Bottom