January 2024 hatch-a-long

colo.PNG

I candled the eggs in a really dark room. There were 4 with cracks. 2 were not bad and I decided to nail polish. 2 were not worth nail polishing. So I plan on setting 34.
Most of the time I would not nail polish and just chose not to set a cracked, but they were eyelash sized crack.

Last edited:
Found my adapter! It wasn’t the wrong one after all 😒

5 or 6 eggs for sure saddled right now and one loose. One egg cracked and has an impact point so no let even trying. Eggs are in and the countdown is on!

Two babies on the green/blue side! One is a black and yellow penguin baby from a speckled green egg, the other a silvery blue…not sure if splash or just light blue 🤷‍♀️ i may have been mistaken about who lays those speckled green eggs tho 🤔 I guess we’ll see in a couple weeks because the 2nd incubator is practically full of them lol I could have sworn that I saw my blue pullet with the dark blue head/neck laying those speckled eggs.

IMG_2529.jpeg
IMG_2527.jpeg

OK sorry for the spam, my kids and I are just really excited about these babies. Each egg is a surprise! Idk how I got a gold/chipmunk baby out of these green eggs - that coop only has BlueCopper Marans and Blue/Red Araucana roos, and the OE girls are cuckoo/barred or blue…perhaps one of my Cream Legbar girls threw a light green/sage egg instead of blue? 🤷‍♀ usually they’re very distinctly light blue, especially when candling. My crele Araucana roo in the next coop also could have gotten into the OE girls, that rascal. Who knows!
IMG_2544.jpeg

I added a little breed segregator and an anti-slip pad in the incubator. I didn’t have any plastic or metal mesh on hand, so I just used my kids duplo blocks. Hopefully they work out and don’t interfere too much with the hatch. It looks a little crowded tho…
View attachment 3716749
Legos??? That’s an Awesome idea. I’ve got Cochins hatching in a few weeks from two breeding pens I want to segregate. Figured I’d use different incubators but if something comes Up I’ll have to try a lego wall in one lol.

Back
Top Bottom