Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, this would not work for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It doesn't matter to me.

• I don't normally participate anyways.

• Total voters
I had eggs that made it out for delivery yesterday but the mail lady forgot to leave them. UGH

th.gif

So for the peeps that already got their eggs..... are you waiting to set them Tuesday for Valentines Day or are you setting early? I didn't ship until Friday thinking peeps wanted eggs for the V'day hatch. About 1/2 of the eggs I sent were laid on Friday morning. I didn't have to get the boxes to my PO until 5, when my truck takes the mail from the PO to the Medford processing plant.

Anybody else need more brooders? I went to Fred Meyer yesterday and they still had 2 of the huge plastic totes meant to hold fake xmas trees. They were marked way down. I've heard that Walmart & Kmart also carry them. I'm going to cut out the middle of the lids and screw in some hardware mesh "doors".

2 of my brooders are made like this along with rabbit cages for my kids.I bought totes WAY bigger than the little rabbit cages and shavings dont fly all over!!

So for the peeps that already got their eggs..... are you waiting to set them Tuesday for Valentines Day or are you setting early? I didn't ship until Friday thinking peeps wanted eggs for the V'day hatch. About 1/2 of the eggs I sent were laid on Friday morning. I didn't have to get the boxes to my PO until 5, when my truck takes the mail from the PO to the Medford processing plant.

Anybody else need more brooders? I went to Fred Meyer yesterday and they still had 2 of the huge plastic totes meant to hold fake xmas trees. They were marked way down. I've heard that Walmart & Kmart also carry them. I'm going to cut out the middle of the lids and screw in some hardware mesh "doors".

ALL our extra eggs came in WITH our Swap eggs....SO We set ALL the eggs from HOt2pot and Marie That was 84 eggs! Still have 24 eggs waiting from Kari and Jon Farmer that are "waiting for the set..for Valentines...only thing I hate about that is they are just getting older....I don't know how long it took to GATHER them so some might already be older and then I am now gonna wait another three days... I almost bailed out of the hatch! BUT I hope I win the hatch rate contest! I want those eggs!! (OMG I NEED more eggs!)I am also getting some fluffy amerecauna eggs SO NOW we are again victims of chicken math
jumpy.gif

I have my shipped eggs from SCG and PeeperKeeper. a grand total of twenty. couldnt bring myself to wait for Tuesday to set them, so they were set yesterday, i just found my camera so now i have a picture to accompany my post. all of the eggs arrived unharmed and i'm very excited to see what will hatch for me. the four eggs above and to the right of "R" are my own eggs. the numbered ones in the first row are from PeeperKeeper and the ones that are lettered are from SCG (including R, ITS HUGE)

I have my shipped eggs from SCG and PeeperKeeper. a grand total of twenty. couldnt bring myself to wait for Tuesday to set them, so they were set yesterday, i just found my camera so now i have a picture to accompany my post. all of the eggs arrived unharmed and i'm very excited to see what will hatch for me. the four eggs above and to the right of "R" are my own eggs. the numbered ones in the first row are from PeeperKeeper and the ones that are lettered are from SCG (including R, ITS HUGE)

clap.gif
That looks great! I promise you R came from a leghorn... my ducks aren't of laying age yet.

After the rain and storms I have a duck pond...IN THE MIDDLE OF MY MAIN COOPS!! I am new to chickens and started in april...first flood and it is horrid...all my chickens are knee deep in mud and poo...gonna be a long week addressing the cleanup and fixing the runoff problems...we dont get rain like that often but with it cool and calling for our normal showers every few days they will not dry out fast enough for me to not worry over health issues!! Even my sand runs are mush pits
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom