Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, this would not work for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It doesn't matter to me.

• I don't normally participate anyways.

• Total voters
* had to peek on day 5. I saw some veining on some from Farmer Chef. But I'm new at this and will look again on day 7 or 8.
fl.gif

what about MY eggs you got? are those doing ok?

PeeperKeeper
Then: Chick Among Us... Green eggs are always difficult for me to see, but I found definite "spiders" in some and ??? hints in others. Will give them more time.

I hope they do well for you and you like the little ones! Can't wait to see pics! THAT will be so fun! Here at home we get almost a 100% hatch rate...So I hope it all works out! We DID change roos not long ago...so heres hoping he is uber prolific! Almost all eggs are fertile here, with the exception of one hen that never had fertile eggs and she died of suspected heart problems...I guess he knew those eggs would be baddddddddd and would not waste his time. We just always ate those big ol often double yokers!

Superchemicalgirl how are your eggs coming along??? either you or PeeperKeeper might have gotten a bright blue egg that has a kinda stucco texture...check it, it is most likely NOT fertile...Ours here wasn't. She obviously won't take the Roo... We have changed Roos again tho
big_smile.png
She doesnt like this one,
lau.gif
but I'm thinking she liked the Maran! Just thought I would mention it so ya'll can check.

Alot of my barred rock eggs are clear or are not developing but thank God there are a few that are!..I need those!. and then Kari your iowa blues are pretty good we pulled a couple today one was shaped kinda cool,almost oval had to candle to find the air cell but it was a moot point since it didnt do anything. I NEED those too we all know....Come on HAwk killers! I know it sounds stupid But I am as excited to see pics of the chickies we sent out as see my NEW chickies!
I set ALOT of eggs...prior to the date so the eggs I got in would not be old....HOT2POTS eggs will come first and EmVicorys will also...! I set 24 eggs for the valentines day hatch and THEN lost Several today...does that mean my hatch rate went down? or is it only based on what you lockdown? meaning it developed?

thumbsup.gif
on the Iowa Blues! I have 20 in lockdown now due Saturday. My Maine Coon got me up this morning to tell me there was peeping!
wee.gif

I have pulled a couple sloshy SS from Hot2Pot, but otherwise most are still in. Good development but so many bad air cells I'm concerned about them making it through the hatch.

Well I have one of the lemon splits out and she
fl.gif
is gorgeous! She almost shimmers. One of the three eggs had quit at about two weeks and when I candled them yesterday ( I thought they were due Saturday) there was movement in the other egg, but there isn't now =( So I might have a lonely only. I am going to be taking pictures of my puppies tomorrow to post on facebook and will get pictures of the chick also to post.

what about MY eggs you got? are those doing ok?

I'm just letting them do their thing in the bator. I have a Little Giant still air and I have to keep an eye on it....often. I will not worry about candeling again until time for Lock Down. I pitched several on day seven but not many of yours as I could not see thru those green shells! Some tuff stuff there. LOL.... I hand roll my eggs and you can almost tell that there is something developing by the weight and slight resistance to being lightly brushed with your hand. BTW No sky blue egg here.
I feel a little left behind here as mine won't hatch until the 13th or 14th. You all remember, Valentines Day?
wink.png

Last edited:
I'm just letting them do their thing in the bator.  I have a Little Giant still air and I have to keep an eye on it....often.  I will not worry about candeling again until time for Lock Down.  I pitched several on day seven but not many of yours as I could not see thru those green shells!  Some  tuff stuff there. LOL.... I hand roll my eggs and you can almost tell that there is something developing by the weight and slight resistance to being lightly brushed with your hand. BTW No sky blue egg here.
I feel a little left behind here as mine won't hatch until the 13th or 14th.  You all remember, Valentines Day?  ;)

Most of the swap eggs where for the valentines hatch. Did you join the V day hatch? I think I still have it in my Sig.

I have 3 eggs that should hatch tomorrow. 2 Red Pyle project Malays, and 1 Partridge Penedesenca/Wheaton Ameraucana Olive egger. Its the last egg I got from my Pene hens, I sold them because they where getting beat up by the other hens, and I don't have room for them to have their own pen. I'm hoping I can build a pen so I can get some Crele Pene eggs from a Breeder this spring/summer.

When i recieved my shipped eggs the friday before we were supposed to set to be in time for the v-day hatch. it pretty much went out the window. it took most of my will power to let them rest until the next morning. i go on lockdown on this tuesday, so i should have a bunch of fuzzies by wednesday or thursday.

I know that the duck eggs had to be sent Jan the 14th . Hmmm sorry didn't mean to send them early I thought I sent them around that time ??? Oh well.. didn't want to get into trouble for sending them out late...

Okay...Okay...I'm as bad as everyone else'
roll.png
I could hardly wait to fire up the bator and start toasting those little Fuzzy Butts.
If it wasn't for the USPS slowing up the delivery I'd have had mine in sooner too.

Back
Top Bottom