Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, this would not work for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It doesn't matter to me.

• I don't normally participate anyways.

• Total voters
Ok, you guys twisted my arm enough to candle. I was a bit nervous about doing it (had my eggs perfectly stacked) plus there was that unplugging the incubator fiasco... but...

Here's the candling poop:

farmerChef
--> every single one of your eggs that went into the incubator made it through today's candling! That is some kind of impressive. Besides the one ancona I lost to the shipping process, that's 100%!!!!!

chick-among-us
--> I pulled 4 of your eggs, all green/blue shelled marked OE. I had two of those chalky feeling blue ones, and you were right, they were infertile, unfortunately. There's one OE marked brown egg that I was pretty sure had a blood ring only, but it didn't stink so I let it be. And THAT also has to be some kind of impressive shipped egg turnout!

I pulled two of my eggs (that's a first for me!): a white leghorn and a brown spotted green egg. Must be the cold!? My "surprise" banty is growing away, though, so cute.

So that means 31-6 = 25 eggs, maybe 1 bad from that.

... farmerChef and chick-among-us...
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif
and THANK YOU

Here's what's left (my favorite part of this is 25 eggs are left in my Brinsea that's supposed to hold 24):

Last edited:
Okay, i am officially on lockdown. I candled last night right before i mentally sealed the incubator and i have a few troubling thoughts.
I added 4 of my own eggs to the incubator along with the 20 total swapped eggs. i candled the ones from my hens and they look like you would expect day 18ish eggs to look. mostly black, with a glowing air cell. but of the swapped eggs i could see through, i saw NONE that looked this way. nearly all had a definiate grown embryo in there, but it didnt look as far along as my own. is it possible that the shipped eggs grew slowly? or did they all quit for some strange reason?

I think the same thing is happening to me also. My 5 eggs I put in are doing Okay, But...some of the swap eggs look like they have stopped progressing. And I think one of them has started to leak...or I was a little too sloppy with the water refill?
I'm not an experienced hatcher outer and hands on experience is a tough teacher.
hmm.png
We will go into lockdown Saturday night.
Good Luck to everyone else.

Okay, i am officially on lockdown. I candled last night right before i mentally sealed the incubator and i have a few troubling thoughts.
I added 4 of my own eggs to the incubator along with the 20 total swapped eggs. i candled the ones from my hens and they look like you would expect day 18ish eggs to look. mostly black, with a glowing air cell. but of the swapped eggs i could see through, i saw NONE that looked this way. nearly all had a definiate grown embryo in there, but it didnt look as far along as my own. is it possible that the shipped eggs grew slowly? or did they all quit for some strange reason?
They should all look relatively similar, but if you think something's in there, and it doesn't stink, or weep or talk back to you, leave it.

HOT I put your eggs in lockdown tonight! and EMVicorys! Over 50 made it to lockdown! yours and hers! I am hatching them in seperate bators so I can tell whos from whos....lol how are you hearing peeping??? * Skipping to the bators to listen*

ooh, I love grandchicks! I hear peeping once they pip into the air cell. I have a Valentines day chick out already because i set them when they arrived early, after a settling period, of course. And I had some of my own eggs ready to lock down from the cabinet , so I put them all in there. The one that hatched is a bright yellow, wish I knew what she is, but I am not opening the bator to check the shell.

Back
Top Bottom