Japanese Bantam Thread!

What identifies a Japanese bantam? What characteristics do they have to make them Japanese bantams?
As described above. Very Short legs is Ideal. Wing Tips touching the ground . When standing; their tail feathers are erect as is their head, thus forming a ' U ' shape conformation of their backs. A ' V ' shape is not desirable. These are True Bantams.

I am currently hunting around for bantams in my area at the feed stores, everyone has big birds, :(

I know this is an old post but Lee's Feed in Lockford has them during the spring months. I'm new to this breed and didn't know anything until I got Big Ang. She was the last one left for the season and has longer legs but I have no regrets as she is tbe sweetest, most loyal and loving bird I have! Since I'm responding to a 2014 post I'm sure you've tracked one down by now ;)

I have two Pullets I would part with. I'm in Rapid City SD. Could possibly get them to Cheyenne WY.

I know this is an old post but Lee's Feed in Lockford has them during the spring months. I'm new to this breed and didn't know anything until I got Big Ang. She was the last one left for the season and has longer legs but I have no regrets as she is tbe sweetest, most loyal and loving bird I have! Since I'm responding to a 2014 post I'm sure you've tracked one down by now
wink.png
Thanks

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's normal for a 1st time broody to attack her babies? After the 1st egg hatched Big Ang diligently kept the eggs warm & protected until another hatched. Then, she'd try & kill it and go back to her business :(. I had to take these 2 out b/c, as you can see, she bloodied one up and tried to do the same a second time. Any advice would be apperciated! Also, she is an excellent mother to the one lucky chick.

Back
Top Bottom