Japanese Bantam Thread!

You'll have to post a pic once you get one of the bantam cochin eggs. I'm curious
big_smile.png
. Also, I think today is the last day to enter if I'm not mistaken.

You are right, it looks greenish grey on my screen but I'm on a phone
hmm.png
. Color correctness aside, it's still beautiful! Now I want ducks, lol.

Found it. Tomorrow at midnight. Your entry looks like a flower! I hope you win!

I'll gather some of each of my eggs and post a pic here though.

You'll have to post a pic once you get one of the bantam cochin eggs. I'm curious :D . Also, I think today is the last day to enter if I'm not mistaken.

You are right, it looks greenish grey on my screen but I'm on a phone :/ . Color correctness aside, it's still beautiful! Now I want ducks, lol.

Found it.  Tomorrow at midnight.  Your entry looks like a flower!  I hope you win!

I'll gather some of each of my eggs and post a pic here though. 

Thanks for the compliment :). I doubt I'll win but it's fun to participate. Can't wait to see your eggs!

We have more in the incubator and about 14 under 3 hens

That's pretty neat.

The hen in my avatar is a young pullet I have been waiting and waiting for her to lay. A month ago an egg without a shell was laid and then nothing more. Then for my wife's birthday she laid an egg with a shell (March 28) As of last Saturday she has gone broody after laying just ten eggs. I'm really looking forward to these eggs hatching. Rooster and hen both weigh 12 ounces; the eggs are so tiny. Can't wait to see what these chicks look like.

I believe the chick to be too young to sex accurately, but so far it appears to be a pullet. However, in the next few weeks the appearance could change a great deal, and be a rooster. As to breed-that is uncertain due to age also.

Thank you. What woyld be signs of a cockrel?? And sugns its a japanese

A cockerel will have faster comb development. By the time they are six weeks old their comb is bigger and redder than a pullet's of the same age. As for being Japanese, I do not think you'll know for quite some time. However, you could compare your chick with images of 4 week old white Japanese bantams online and see if they look alike. Another small bantam is serama which has a similar build.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom