Japanese Bantam Thread!

Thanks! They're growing fast. I got them from Ideal Poultry. Definitely pleased with the purchase. It's hard to find any Japanese in Tennessee it seems.

Was wondering if anyone has seen a Japanese bantam chick that looks like this and if so what gender do u think it could be?

Was wondering if anyone has seen a Japanese bantam chick that looks like this and if so what gender do u think it could be?

Looks like a rose comb, which is not typical Japanese. There are a few bantams with rose combs, so it could be one of the others, or a mix. Also, it looks like a cockerel to me. Maybe 6 weeks old or so??

my partridge rock hen has been the only hen that has been laying the last couple weeks but, I checked the coop today when I got home from school, and one of my BTW Japanese hens laid their first egg since I've had them!! eggcited!!!!

Looks like a rose comb, which is not typical Japanese. There are a few bantams with rose combs, so it could be one of the others, or a mix. Also, it looks like a cockerel to me. Maybe 6 weeks old or so??

The person who I got them from( there are more than one that looks like this) has Seramas, Black Japanese, Blue d'anvel, and Easter eggers. This one is the same size as the Seramas just about 3 of them have the rose
1f339.png
comb and a white ish face like this one. Maybe a Serama Jap cross?

Oh ya and she said her All but her Black Japanese Bantam stick to their own flock and breed. Her Japanese just doesn't care lol

That's cool too! Crosses don't bother me I am not planning on breeding. Check out this guy! He is a d'anvel and his name is Cinderella Man

Back
Top Bottom