Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
Also, is it hard to breed the SQ mottled. I know somebody is going to say that this question does not make any sense, but what I mean is like SQ black is easy, you get an all black bird and the color is good, but is splash allot more complicated to get good color, or are there variations? Because I've seen completely different patterns of mottled being shown, in pictures.

I have my standard at home
but there is an exact # of "dots' in certain areas.

All I know is that they get more white as they age. So the older ones dont show well.
I have one older gal that she has a lot of white on her now- she is 2-3 yrs old.

The mottled is hard to get without too much white. The biggest problem is too much white in the feathers, usually showing up in the tail and wings. Single colors are easier.

Actually you can show anything under other variety, but a non standard color cannot win more than best of variety. This is how they show colors while trying to get them put in the standard. Blue tailed whites were just accepted into the standard last year.

Hi! Someone gave us 2 Jap chicks and one turned out to be a white cockerel and 1 turned out to be a black tail buff pullet. Can anyone tell me what color chicks we might get from breeding these two? We love them and the little guy is quite the gentleman (but maybe not the smartest...). They are a wonderful breed. We might need to add a few more colors!

This is tokyo. I got him from McMurray Hatchery and he is 7 months old in this photo. Does he have quality feathering even for hatchury stock.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom