Japanese Quail Color Calculator- Best Link

another one

Thank u for your help and speedy reply. My Red tux is my favorite color but my favorite quail who I call goof ball looks almost identical to this one as far as pattern and marking placement goes except she has more of a brown cast then red but still darker then my wild type hen. I spoil my quail so bad and as part of my routine they all get dried meal worms twice a day as a treat and as soon as Goofball see's the container she gets all excited running back and fourth bobbing her head up and down and when I open the door she sometimes flies out and lands on me and tries to get inside the container. She is the only one with a name except for the blond mean male that I named today but cant post his name on this forum. Beside what I posted pics of out of the 7 I also have a solid white hen and the other is the pied one I just described and my injured male. I separated and treated him and his eyes r still there just lids swollen bad. I think he will make it. I'm either going to put him up for adoption or house him separate with one of the girls. His color (wild type) is my least fav tho. I'm getting more supplies and building more pens and cages to house the ones I hatch along with more cages for my Bob whites and Texas scale if I can get them going. I also have a dozen button eggs in the bator now a friend gave me. She referred to as German blood lines which had something to do with the rare color mutations she has in the buttons.

Well I guess I will just see what hatches out of my Coturnix eggs, raise them up and choose a red tux or just red male to breed back to my hen if I am lucky enough to get one. I have never seen the blond type in pied and was actually starting to wonder if pied didn't work with them as I have yet to come across a pic of one either. If u have one, will u please post a pic of one? It sounds pretty and I would love to see one. Now kinda hoping I luck out and hatch at least one of those too since I do have a solid white hen bird in the mix. Thanks again for your help and posting some pics of your birds.

The calculator is confusing me!! What would a Tibetan rooster crossed with a wildtype hen produce? All wild, all tibetan, 1/2 and 1/2??

half and half IIRC but there are a lot of genetics floating around in my head and the percentage could be higher. At any rate it's the only way you can generate more tibetans, you can't get them by crossing tibetan x tibetan.

Ok thanks for the Rey! Are you saying your guess is 1/2 and 1/2 with the ratio being more Tibetan than pharoah? I have read that Pharoah if a dominant gene while Tibetan is a partial dominant. Yet, everywhere I have looked days something different!!!

No theyre both incomplete dominant so it should be a 50-50 split

So I successfully raised 17 of the Tibetan X pharaoh birds and the outcome was 100% Rosetta! 1/3 of the Rosetta had white patches, though I don't know if I'd call them tuxedos.

what will rosetta X rosetta produce? the color calculator says all kinds of colors, but I don't believe that. Mine are from a pharoah x tibetan tux breeding. Will those two colors pop back up?

Ok, then what will come out Of a rosetta x Rosetta pairing. I've bred Tibetan x pharaoh and got all Rosetta's.

Back
Top Bottom