Java Green peafowl questions

So I guess not so reputable after all. This is good to know. I have been curious. Which is why I posted on this forum to begin with. I have searched for pictures of younger birds and was near impossible to find anything to compare mine to. At least when I type in Java Green. These are pictures from a few moments ago. Your reply made me go get a good look and some better pictures of them. Its been awhile as my daughter is the one who takes care of them on a daily bases.

AND I SUPPOSE THAT EXPLAINS THE LOVELY BLUE THAT HAS STARTED TO APPEAR!!!!

Things like this happens all the time so many folks bred spaldings and first generation can look identical in so many ways but when you bred them together the blue starts showing in them as spaldings do not bred true, the breeder is most like going buy what they were represented to them at the time of purchase, just like you and unless they has kept some offspring to see how they tum out they may never know , it is most likely an honest mistake as i said when folks buy birds they are relying on what they were told just like you
High percentage spalding are very beautiful birds IMO i would love to have some here but i will not bred for spalding because i never want a spalding leaving here, then later on they are sold as a pure green and it came from my place bad JuJu IMP unless you produce different colors like Josh Nelson at the rocking BAB you know exactly what you have.

Last edited:
I'm not expert too, but her chicks look just like the standard green chicks we see through all US breeders, ZAZ, your last chick in the pictures from imported birds, right?

You can't compare imported greens to the old American greens, of course imported chicks will look much different.

I'm not expert too, but her chicks look just like the standard green chicks we see through all US breeders, ZAZ, your last chick in the pictures from imported birds, right?

You can't compare imported greens to the old American greens, of course imported chicks will look much different.
the imports and Americans are together i have no idea which is which till i band their leg next month they all look pretty much the same i have imports from two different pens

PS the last photo is not an import i checked that yesterday when i removed a band i had on it for observation when it looked a little off

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom