Java Thread

Pics
You wanna hear FREAK deals ?
I have crele chanteclers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

This cock "appeared" out of a straight partridge breed, and he grew up more & more agressive, and the owner culled him, but in time I talked her into incubating a few (4) eggs, and out of that I now have 2 partridge & 1 crele chick, the crele is a hen chick, the 2 partrdge are a hen & a cock....so I am at wits end figuring how to proceed here............
he.gif

Some pics:

You wanna hear FREAK deals ?
I have crele chanteclers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

This cock "appeared" out of a straight partridge breed, and he grew up more & more agressive, and the owner culled him, but in time I talked her into incubating a few (4) eggs, and out of that I now have 2 partridge & 1 crele chick, the crele is a hen chick, the 2 partrdge are a hen & a cock....so I am at wits end figuring how to proceed here............
he.gif

Some pics:

Very nice. When I first breed crele in my oe I used a cuckoo rooster over a solid hen. All cockerels where cuckoo . So if you use a solid rooster over a crele hen the pullets should be crele and cockerels should be solid till you get the one odd chick that is crele and a cockerel then you breed that cockerel to one of the crele hens.
I may be off some I would have to brush up on it. By then someone else will have posted.

I just love the breed, I bought 5 mottled Java Pullets from the feed store who special ordered them in for me, and have ordered a Roo from another place so i can garauntee that they aren''t blood related when I breed them. They are the most gorgeous little things we have one thats beak os half white and half black like Cruella Deville, What do you think would Cruella be a bad name for a Mottled Java pullet?

No with the colors I would say that's a good name. Most of the time the beaks will go ahead and fill in black.
I have yet to get one to keep the split color beaks. Some kept a very small area of "white" but the rest turned black.
They are really great birds. It's hard to believe not many people want them.
I have big plains for mine but we will see how far or well they will be in the making .
Hope you enjoy them like we do our own!

Dirt Farmer, we will make another run to NorCal soon. maybe in about 3 weeks.......... we go to the Lake County area, if ya need anything~~
We have DH's Family there & go back & forth every 6 mo or so.

OK OK OK.............Monte has tutored me somewhat on the mottled gene & how it can rear it's beautiful head from a flock of blacks. This si naturally occuring....and I have 1 hen hatched from his eggs that has light brown eyes, otherwise appears a black Java...see here here, the one second from the outside hen:

Her comb is still blue as she was just 4 mo old when I took this pic, and her she is again:

Behind her you see an dark eyed hen as comparison.
The light eyed hen cannot be shown, as Black java SOP says Dark dark brown eyes.
BUTTTTT
Since this girl has the mottled gene "lurking" she can be breed to another with the gene & produce mottled chicks.
Thus passing on excellent type.
I am not sure how many of her chicks would be mottled & how many black...but I think he said 100%.
As long as I breed her to a black with no genetic signs of mottled, she should only lay eggs to hatch black,'There needs to be 2 parents with the mottled gene to hatch mottled.
Ya happy now ???????????
lau.gif

Yep I see her. Thanks for the info. (now that both of you got me into trouble with the mottled gene) I know what to look for when I get my eggs hatched to start work on the java project.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom