Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Pics
Hi every body! I have 5 JG and i am thinking about breeding them this spring! Not for show just for egg laying and meat. I am vary eggsited lol. I will get pics of my chickens when it gets worm out!!!

Chicken Girl

I know what you mean about the coloring on the roos back I have one roo who is exhuge he is beautiful except he has the brown coloring on his back Thats why I did not show him. I was afraid the color would disqualify him When I showed a pic of it to Bobbi she said she hadnt seen that before. I am wondering if it could be sunburnt feathers or discoloration from the feed. My feed has alot of corn in it. I was planning on waiting to see what happens after his first adult molt before deciding what to do with him. Here is a pic of him he is only 1 years old on Feb 3. Look you can see some of the brown
1737_img_0483.jpg

He stands over 33 inches tall and wieghs 16 pounds He also has one dark blue feathr on his breast that I was told to pick if showing him. I think it gives him character lol

Last edited:
I don't have any Giants but that is a commom problem on Blue Orp roo's.I have a couple of them and they will get better with the first molt but they will not completely get rid of it.Sometimes the sun will fade out the dark color too.

pullet or cockerel It would depend on that. My cockerel was 8 months old when I showed him at the beginning of this month He weighed 12 pounds My hen that I took was alittle younger by 2 weeks and she wieghed 11 pounds.

No problem My birds are very big so dont be alittle disapointed if yours are alittle lighter. Sometimes bigger is not always better. The breeder I got mine from told me they would be huge as their father was very large My largest rooster is beautiful but not show quality because of his coloring.

Hey Sugar Sand and also Splash Giants. When and will you ship some fertile eggs to hatch? I prefer the blue, but would take them how they come. If they turn out to be white I could sell them. White chickens are a little too Frank Perdue to me. No offense to white chicken owners.

Back
Top Bottom