Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Anyone else having trouble with your Jerseys not laying. Mine have not laid an egg in a month, but all my other birds are laying fine. ????
hu.gif

I am new to Jersey Giant's and was wondering if anyone could give me a guess on this cutie. I got a dozen eggs from a friend and when the egg hatched that had a JG on it I was surprised so see this pretty silver chick. I thought it would be a black chick. She is 6 weeks old in this picture. Thanks!

I am new to Jersey Giant's and was wondering if anyone could give me a guess on this cutie. I got a dozen eggs from a friend and when the egg hatched that had a JG on it I was surprised so see this pretty silver chick. I thought it would be a black chick. She is 6 weeks old in this picture. Thanks!

Does your friend have any blue JG's? That's what that looks like.

I just noticed 2 small black spots. A splash?

Last edited:

She probably does. She has many different varieties and sells her eggs, chicks and chickens.I just did a search for JG and a black chicken popped up so that is what I was expecting. Hope it's a pullet.

She probably does. She has many different varieties and sells her eggs, chicks and chickens.I just did a search for JG and a black chicken popped up so that is what I was expecting. Hope it's a pullet.

The accepted varieties are blue, black and white, but I'm working on a barred version! The blues can be beautiful, but I think the whites look too weird with their black legs.

Splash is not recognized? I may have a few of those from Maria Hall in my incubator.

The accepted varieties are blue, black and white, but I'm working on a barred version! The blues can be beautiful, but I think the whites look too weird with their black legs.

Hey! I love my whites, they don't look 'weird' Lol!
The almost solid black eyes with no white on my cockerel looks odd from a distance, up close though you can see they are just dark brown eyes. I thought this was weird at first till I read that's the color they're supposed to be.

So do you yall think she is she?

Back
Top Bottom