Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

ok Wynette here are your babies -well not babies anymore.
and mahalo4's 3 younger blues.
Wynette
46537_breeder_updates_10-2011_107.jpg

46537_breeder_updates_10-2011_113.jpg

46537_breeder_updates_10-2011_115.jpg

46537_breeder_updates_10-2011_098.jpg

B
46537_breeder_updates_10-2011_102.jpg

46537_breeder_updates_10-2011_099.jpg

46537_breeder_updates_10-2011_095.jpg

P&J
46537_breeder_updates_10-2011_101.jpg

mahalo4
Cockerel
46537_breeder_updates_10-2011_074.jpg

46537_breeder_updates_10-2011_032.jpg

46537_breeder_updates_10-2011_034.jpg

Pullet
46537_breeder_updates_10-2011_006.jpg

46537_breeder_updates_10-2011_013.jpg

Pullet
46537_breeder_updates_10-2011_086.jpg

46537_breeder_updates_10-2011_029.jpg

S
Cockerel
46537_breeder_updates_10-2011_037.jpg

pullet
46537_breeder_updates_10-2011_044.jpg

Pullet
46537_breeder_updates_10-2011_077.jpg

And just for fun the rest of the grow out coop. Some Auburn Java's ,SLW,JG,BLRW.
46537_breeder_updates_10-2011_052.jpg

Last edited:
LOVE the first couple black pullets - especially the one in the background of pic 5!! The 1st splash looks pretty nice, the second one...eh...can't really tell, but I do have to say her splashing is really nice! You have high tail angles in some, and tails too long as well...the blue pullet on the roost and then on the ground - is her natural angle uphill like that? Should be parallel to the ground - horizontal, not uphill.

That first blue pullet looks like she's pretty nice, kind of hard to tell from that angle, though.

That first splash cockerel, looks like his legs are too short, but boy, he's got a nice back.

In the pic of the two black pullets just before the group shot - the one to the right's back is too long. We want a nice, straight, and long back, but hers is TOO long.

You've got some very nice ones to pick your breeders from!
thumbsup.gif

To everyone: check wings for twisted feathers. I noticed just last night, when looking them over very closely, that one bloodline I kept a cock bird from has a few twisted feathers in the wings - anyone who has hatched from my stock this year may have the issue. It's not bad, and the hens do not have it, but just wanted to mention it.

The first blue is going down hill. The splash with nice coloring is a brat to take pictures of and out of 10 I got that shot that was clear enough to see her 1/2 way. She is very close in looks to the first blue pullet.
The splash roo is standing in their dusting hole when dry so that may be what's going on there as he is the tallest.
The little blue on roost is doing the stance like when a hawk flys over how they stand tall. She thinks im going to eat her!? Never got a clear shot of her not doing that. The blk pullets I do think there is one a tad longer in the back. I will have to mark her.
The blue rooster does that stance every single time I take a picture and he will try to stay in the pictures too.
He does not always hold his tail like that. He just seems to really like me.
roll.png

I may have to get my hubby to take a picture of him and try to get the nice splash pullet too.
All the ones that posed weird that is. I tool like 100 pictures and these where the best.
I know that is very sad.
barnie.gif

Of course the hubby's birds posed just great. Mine said
woot.gif
we get to really mess with her today!
lau.gif

Need a chicken rolling and laughing on ground smiley face.
I'll try to get some natural stance on them.
Now you know why I will most likely be crossed eyed at the cross roads show!
gig.gif

Thanks everyone maybe I'll get lucky a walt will show up and tell me what he sees from a judges point of view.
I feel like i have picked well for a beginner on these so far. I just hope i do right by this great breed.
Have a great day everyone. No worries about feelings I would rather know the truth so I can work for the good of the jg's.

Well, pictures are ALWAYS hard to tell in. My poultry mentors ask me to send them video when I'm seeking opinions - it's so much easier to see their natural stance in a video, and I'm totally like YOU, Soaring! I'll take hundreds of pics and only a few will be acceptable to be able to see conformation in. It's very aggravating, but maybe some day I'll get better - ha!

Linda, goodness, I'm not an expert by ANY stretch of the imagination, so please don't just assume my feedback is accurate - get as many folks to give you feedback as you can! I'm learning as I go as well. The day I feel like I know it all is the day I should get out of it, I guess.

(Soaring - the tail of the blue cockerel is much too long.)

I just had a couple FLEAS show up on one of my light colored dogs, first I've seen on anyone in a few years, do chickens get fleas and should I go dust them with DE????

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom