jersey giants

The two I pointed out look good from the pictures. Could you post the Cockerels you've raised individually? I'd like to see which is the best if I may observe them.

Thanks.

JA

Kathy, they look Great.

I am so happy your are willing to " work with them " as you say. We need more breeders of Giants to be sure.

It also seems you are a better " picture taker " than I am ............ !!

Allen..... the STANDARD of PERFECTION Thread is the best thread ever posted here In My opinion,..... your explanations of Breeding & Genetics are of great value to many of us to be sure.

Greg

Last edited:
Hi Kathy
Nice looking birds
cool.png

What are their approx weights/size?
How do these compare to the dark cornish breeds?

Fertile eggs? Trade cornish eggs for turkey eggs?

I know questions, questions..........................
idunno.gif

I am still trying to figure out what breed I want for a self replicating meat bird..... Done the Hybrids
hmm.png

Thanx for posting......Brian

Have raised from chicks, LOVE THEM!
They do grow slowly being such a heavy bird, but it's worth the wait.

I had a straight run of chicks 10 in all 8 boys 2 girls. Kept the girls and 1 boy...the others were..well delicious!

I am now up to 5 girls and I am going to try for my 1st natural hatch this spring.

I will try to post how things go.

If people are in Oregon and are interested in jerseys I am thrilled to talk about or possibly even assist in getting more flocks of these great birds started.

-Kate

One gal went broody and it currently sitting on 2 eggs...we shall see in about 19 days if anything comes of it!!

Last edited:
Hi Kate. I am in Oregon and love Giants. I breed both Black and White Giants. Have you joined the National Jersey Giant Club yet? Our District is very active and I know you would learn alot from your participation. Look me up sometime. Thanks! Mike

Have raised from chicks, LOVE THEM!
They do grow slowly being such a heavy bird, but it's worth the wait.

I had a straight run of chicks 10 in all 8 boys 2 girls. Kept the girls and 1 boy...the others were..well delicious!

I am now up to 5 girls and I am going to try for my 1st natural hatch this spring.

I will try to post how things go.

If people are in Oregon and are interested in jerseys I am thrilled to talk about or possibly even assist in getting more flocks of these great birds started.

-Kate

Hi Kate. I am in Oregon and love Giants. I breed both Black and White Giants. Have you joined the National Jersey Giant Club yet? Our District is very active and I know you would learn alot from your participation. Look me up sometime. Thanks! Mike

Hey will do!!

What can you tell me about the blues and the splashes??

Just wondering.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom