jersey giants

Have raised from chicks, LOVE THEM!
They do grow slowly being such a heavy bird, but it's worth the wait.

I had a straight run of chicks 10 in all 8 boys 2 girls. Kept the girls and 1 boy...the others were..well delicious!

I am now up to 5 girls and I am going to try for my 1st natural hatch this spring.

I will try to post how things go.

If people are in Oregon and are interested in jerseys I am thrilled to talk about or possibly even assist in getting more flocks of these great birds started.

-Kate

One gal went broody and it currently sitting on 2 eggs...we shall see in about 19 days if anything comes of it!!

i jest got 4 chicks i think i got chicken JG fever

Do they have the same fantastic calm attitude as the black giants?
Are they really as beautiful as the pictures?

Just the basics...can you tell I am excited?

-K

As of this morning.....

BA BAH BAH BUM.....................

1 Chick under momma!!!!

4 more eggs still intact...so the excited waiting continues!

Pictures when the little peep leaves mommas safe wing.

ta da

Last edited:
I know this thread is a little older, but I too live in Maine and have been looking for jerseys. Currently have 1 black roo, 2 black hens and 2 white hens. Lost one white hens, and would like to increase my flock so I can start breeding. Have been having a heck of a time finding breedersin Maine...

Jessica

seems most of the White Jersey Giant threads and comments are nearly a year old,,,, I have ordered White Jersey Giants from Urch and Cackle for late spring hatch dates

As a breeder and fan of Jersey Guants, of course I'm biased. ;) JG's have such a wonderful temperament; calm, stoic and they get along well in a mixed flock. Good layers too, even in winter. So I'd reccomend Blue JG's over Iowa blues.

Back
Top Bottom