Juice cleanse

Bbsnooks:

If I had to choose only one juicer between the Omega 8005 and the Omega Vert, I'd take the Vert.

Both juicers require you to cut the fruits and vegetables into smaller pieces, I don't know why John makes such a point of this about the Vert. It's fairly easy to clog both machines if you use large pieces and try to ram them through. The Vert feeds well and I never have to use the plunger. Even juicing green leaves like kale which I feed mainly in strips, I use only my hand to push the stringy scragglers in. The 8000 requires much more use of the plunger and if you get too carried away you can crack the screen.

The auger is much larger on the Vert and the self cleaning silicone swipes keep the juicing grate from clogging.
On the Omega, if you get something smooshy (think apple) going, it tends to circle over and over without really leaving the machine (applesauce). On the 8000 the small escape screen becomes clogged with no ability to clean while in use.

The taste of the greens coming from the Vert is much smoother (when you juice greens I can only describe the taste as "green", the Vert has a smoother almost sweeter taste), so they are probably not juiced as dry as in the 8000 but, I enjoy the result taste wise so it's a trade off.

Both machines are heads and tails better than ANY other juicer I have used. I got a "Breville" after watching "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead". What a wasteful machine, you can literally watch your money being thrown away with that one. We have four others collecting dust that never get used.

Cost; basically you are going to get what you pay for, an inexpensive machine will not last and they really don't juice as well. Buy a good juicer and it will treat you well. My Omega's get used almost every day, I don't baby them, and they are both "like new" after two years of use. So, they are pretty economical when you realize you are going to get everything your fruits and vegetables have to give.

If shopping Amazon, watch for lightening deals, my hubby got the Omega 8000 almost half price on one of those deals. Read the reviews both the positive and the negative to see what they have to say.

Both machines are a PITA to clean but, in different ways. Both can be cleaned in less than three minutes though so no biggie.

After the first year of juicing I was medication free. Absolutely NO reflux and all my blood tests are normal. It hasn't cured everything. I still have some gut issues but, thats mainly because I haven't been able to give up on some of the carbs I need to let go of (bread, pasta), though I am edging ever closer to gluten free.

Bbsnooks, I hope this helps. If I missed something, let me know.

Deb

Bbsnooks:

If I had to choose only one juicer between the Omega 8005 and the Omega Vert, I'd take the Vert.

Both machines are a PITA to clean but, in different ways. Both can be cleaned in less than three minutes though so no biggie.

After the first year of juicing I was medication free. Absolutely NO reflux and all my blood tests are normal. It hasn't cured everything. I still have some gut issues but, thats mainly because I haven't been able to give up on some of the carbs I need to let go of (bread, pasta), though I am edging ever closer to gluten free.

Bbsnooks, I hope this helps. If I missed something, let me know.

Deb
Ok.. that was terrific.. what a great review..
not sure what PITA is.. but .. 3 min ( oh just got it .. )
thanks so much for typing all this out...
chatting with mom now.. we're both glad of the Vert choice..
more later....

I'm still juicing, not as often. Still trying to eat really healthy too, I just feel so much better. My weight is good and the doctor no longer wants me to take statins. I wouldn't anyway something we argued about but its nice that she's not pushing it anymore.

It is hit and miss for me. I love the juice, that's no problem, it is motivating myself to deal with the mess. But I keep telling myself each day that I need at least one glass of juice. Today i start back. Thanks for the nudge.

Hello, I have a juicer, and what a pia it is. Love the juice, I just so dislike the clean up. So I found the bullet thing. The Nutribullet. Wow is all I can say. I am loving it. So stinking easy to use and clean. Plus I then get all the fiber. It really does make it thin like juice. Of course the more dense you make it the thicker it can be. I just add more water/almond milk to it to thin it out. I'm currently just using all the veggies from my garden and fruit from out trees, so I do end up buying more fruit. Some of the concoctions have been good, others not so much. But I will say if you do not like pulp in your juice, oranges, lemons and limes should be juiced first. The pulp makes its so thick, I couldn't drink it. So far that is the only item the nutrubullet did not do well with. Swiss chard, kale, spinach, beets, carrots all get minced so thin its crazy.

Well, I just wanted to say hi and give my experience. Its been fun, but if I don't do it every day, the motivation to keep doing it goes lol. So I am trying very hard to blast at least 4-5 days per week and eat clean the rest of the time.

Deb

My husband has been buying juicers for me at yard sales hoping to find one for me that I like. I tell him if it was good they would not be getting rid of it.

I may save up for a nutri bullet. I have no issues with the fiber, The whole idea is to get the nutrient out of the non digestible fiber to be absorbed before the enzymes break down in the digestive process.

So, it is just rinse it and into the dishwasher?
No bags of bits and wiping vegetable shards off of the wall?
I could do that.

My husband has been buying juicers for me at yard sales hoping to find one for me that I like. I tell him if it was good they would not be getting rid of it.

I may save up for a nutri bullet. I have no issues with the fiber, The whole idea is to get the nutrient out of the non digestible fiber to be absorbed before the enzymes break down in the digestive process.

So, it is just rinse it and into the dishwasher?
No bags of bits and wiping vegetable shards off of the wall?
I could do that.

Actually I just add hot water and some soap and run the unit for a bit. No dishwasher needed. In fact, the blade assembly says no dishwasher.

Lol and no cleaning of the walls necessary!

Back
Top Bottom