July 2023 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Need some help. So I normally have 85-100% hatch rates. Well I set 8 CCL from someone about 1.5 hrs away so they travelled by car, but hatched CCL mix from her before with a decent rate.... St 8 OE eggs from someone local... Those are hard to see in..... Then 17 shipped from the person I always use.

Well I had 6/8 CCL start and all 6 have quit. I know some OE, well 1 I cracked open so for sure, have quit then think some clear. 6 of the shipped started and think 2 have quit. This is not normal for me at all!!!!!

I used my reg incubator, then borrowed a Kebonnixs 12 egg incubator. The Kebonnixs was really dirty but I cleaned and bleached it. The CCL and OE were only in mine the shipped had some in each. I candled on Sun and did move ones I was pretty sure quit or were clear to the Kebonnixs and good ones to mine. At that time 2 CCL quit. So there 4 were after that.

I had my thermometer/hygrometer in the Kebonnixs up till Sun since I don't know that machine. Have used mine a ton this year and everything has been steady so figured I knew where to keep it. I did swap it into mine with the good eggs on Sun. Humidity average is 47.1, had a few times up to 55, but some high 30- low 40's so not bad. Temp has gotten up to 100.4 in hot spots but I see that all the time, then others a bit low, but average was 99.2

Any ideas what is going on? I bid on more CCL eggs so need to figure this out.

Two chicks have hatched, one cream legbar and an olive egger that looks just like a cuckoo Marans.

Attachments

• 20230706_135323.jpg
    20230706_135323.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230706_143035.jpg
    20230706_143035.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230706_135226.jpg
    20230706_135226.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 2
Any ideas what is going on? I bid on more CCL eggs so need to figure this out.
Where are they starting to look like quitters, in the Kebonnix or 360? I’ve had super good success with the Kebonnix, and I love the 360 as well.
Two chicks have hatched, one cream legbar and an olive egger that looks just like a cuckoo Marans.
Congratulations! They are beautiful.

Where are they starting to look like quitters, in the Kebonnix or 360? I’ve had super good success with the Kebonnix, and I love the 360 as well.
Think mostly if not all in the 360, but on day 3 for the couple eggs that even stated developing in the Kebonnixs, I moved those to the NR360. I did not have luck with the shipped eggs this time and only 6/17 started.

Think mostly if not all in the 360, but on day 3 for the couple eggs that even stated developing in the Kebonnixs, I moved those to the NR360. I did not have luck with the shipped eggs this time and only 6/17 started.
Maybe time to deep clean the 360? Have you taken the fan cover off and gotten the feather dander out? Is it hotter/cooler/sunnier in the room they are in?

IMG_5020.jpeg

Unknown history on this one, but it decided to keep up with the other two I’ve been watching this month!

Alas, “39g” stopped living a few days ago. Eggtopsy and burial occurred this morning.
IMG_5014.jpeg

After my 1st incubator-hatched keet arrived, I did not do a deep clean because other eggs were still growing. I did replace the floor of the unit & clear major debris, but I will be more thorough when this current one emerges and dries off!
I think major factors contributing to the death of 39g include week-plus storage (with egg carton alternate elevation 2-4x daily) at room temp prior to obtaining the Brinsea mini, followed by periods of improper turning (particularly in the past week, when I thought I was supposed to stop at 7 days prior instead of 3 days prior to “hatch” :oops: )!

Here’s to putting 110% into the next round…

View attachment 3567742
Unknown history on this one, but it decided to keep up with the other two I’ve been watching this month!

Alas, “39g” stopped living a few days ago. Eggtopsy and burial occurred this morning.
View attachment 3567745

After my 1st incubator-hatched keet arrived, I did not do a deep clean because other eggs were still growing. I did replace the floor of the unit & clear major debris, but I will be more thorough when this current one emerges and dries off!
I think major factors contributing to the death of 39g include week-plus storage (with egg carton alternate elevation 2-4x daily) at room temp prior to obtaining the Brinsea mini, followed by periods of improper turning (particularly in the past week, when I thought I was supposed to stop at 7 days prior instead of 3 days prior to “hatch” :oops: )!

Here’s to putting 110% into the next round…
Sorry to hear about 39g 😢

Back
Top Bottom