July 2023 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
I have my eggs sitting vertically in a Nurtureright 360 being held up with egg cartons, so that I could closer monitor and handle this hatch because it was flooded with aircell issues. I either hand turned the eggs or they didn’t get turned at all.
Trying to give beginners some valuable information.. learn how to do it right first.. then start experimenting with things.. common sense

Well my Broody’s eggs were supposed to hatch last Sunday but they still have not. One got crushed somehow and I removed one that was covered in poop from the hen pooping in the nest.

I picked the remaining 3 up to candle them and one of them chirped! They had internal pips so I put them back under the hen; not sure why they are so delayed in hatching.

Meanwhile I had another hen go broody in an unsafe place, so my husband took away her 8 eggs and I put them in the incubator. 5 eggs looked very full and 3 were less far along. 2 hatched last night, 2 hatched today and one is pipped. I put 2 of the chicks under the first hen and she is making little happy sounds now. Hopefully her 3 eggs will also hatch soon.

Hi everyone,

I'm starting to get really excited reading all your posts, so figured I'd join the hatchalong for my second hatch this year (and ever).

I have 7 white leghorn crosses in the incubator (the smaller brinsea model) and they're due in 6 days. Got the eggs from a neighbour and I'm candling once a week with their kid. They all seem healthy so far. We could see the little toes of two of them moving against the shell last time.

My first egg is due to hatch next Tue, so 6 days.... Next 3 are due to hatch next Thurs so 8 more days.

Then I threw in the CCL I had for my coworker that sat around for 11 days after I got them before I finally threw them in my incubator. I have 3/4 developing so far I think ok. They are day 6..... The rest from those eggs I had set and the 6 that started quit between days 5-7 I think..... So guess I see what these do.

Mine are due on Saturday :wee
I am so incredibly impatient right now 😅
Same. Mine are due to hatch the 15th. I candled tonight though, and i saw a shadow in the aircell that I think indicates one chick has already internally pipped. 2 eggs are questionable on whether they’re alive, but I am certain the other is alive right now.

Same. Mine are due to hatch the 15th. I candled tonight though, and i saw a shadow in the aircell that I think indicates one chick has already internally pipped. 2 eggs are questionable on whether they’re alive, but I am certain the other is alive right now.
I last candled Tuesday night and saw 5 of the six move, the sixth still had veins though so I think it's still good too! I am secretly hoping some hatch tomorrow 🤭

So I hatched 5 eggs on the incubator and gave the chicks to the hen. She hatched 2 herself and her last egg is now zipping. So she will be taking care of 8 babies! She looks a bit stressed; hope she is big enough to keep 8 chicks warm. She is a bantam Cochin; a bit bald right now from the rooster.
2F73800C-2D46-4A0A-A0B0-39FB34263DCE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom