July 2023 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Has a sibling that pipped alongside it; this guy hatched while I was @ work today.
IMG_5054.jpeg

I coo to my eggs to encorage.

ooh I should try that. I sang and talked to them but they only seemed to be motivated by the chick sounds/video... :p

It's funny, between black/silver down feathers and slightly darker yellow patches, I can still tell which egg most came out - except #1 and #3 which hatched overnight so I didn't see which was which, but one of them has a single grey feather on the head. In the group pic, the one with the black dot on the bum is the first to hatch (#2), and the one with 3 black lines on the back is #4 (the last one to hatch). I only managed to keep one to pose for a portrait, the others kept turning their back to the camera...

I'm also surprised at how quickly they all learnt to eat and drink.

Attachments

• IMG_0408.jpeg
    IMG_0408.jpeg
    365.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0436.jpeg
    IMG_0436.jpeg
    671.5 KB · Views: 7
ooh I should try that. I sang and talked to them but they only seemed to be motivated by the chick sounds/video... :p

It's funny, between black/silver down feathers and slightly darker yellow patches, I can still tell which egg most came out - except #1 and #3 which hatched overnight so I didn't see which was which, but one of them has a single grey feather on the head. In the group pic, the one with the black dot on the bum is the first to hatch (#2), and the one with 3 black lines on the back is #4 (the last one to hatch). I only managed to keep one to pose for a portrait, the others kept turning their back to the camera...

I'm also surprised at how quickly they all learnt to eat and drink.
Omg love the black dot on the bum!!!! And what round fluffy babies!!!!

So I got a couple quick pics of them all but #4 is still unsteady on its feet so didn't take them out for pics.

But then I noticed a really cool marking on #2's back!!! Lol. I am in love.

Attachments

• IMG_20230719_225038546.jpg
    IMG_20230719_225038546.jpg
    602.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20230719_225230014.jpg
    IMG_20230719_225230014.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom