July Hatch-a-Long (including 4th of July hatch-a-long)

How many times per year do you hatch eggs?

• 1-2

Votes: 45 26.3%
  • 2-3

Votes: 18 10.5%
  • 3-4

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • 4-5

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • I don’t count the times

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Hatchaholic

Votes: 59 34.5%

• Total voters
Pics
Technically not a July hatch, but I'm so excited! These little ducks had a really rough ship and yet we have some cute little babies this morning!
20200606_083605_exported_1514_1591448243954.jpg

These ones I'm keeping. Yay!!

Hi all! July will be my biggest hatch yet. I only had the Janoel 24 to work with but this week i have a 10 and 60 egg arriving! I may use the 24 as a hatcher for the 10 egg though, still undecided if i also want to load that up again.
I'll be hatching mostly cross breeds from my coloured pen :D

I will be setting some shipped to me around June 18th with an early July hatch date. 41 eggs total and the next step in my chicken journey! Excited to share it with you all here! A little nervous about the fact they are shipped eggs but I'll deal with it as best I can and hope for the best.

This hatch will be my first experience with shipped eggs too! They are supposed to arrive early next week.

Hi all! :frow
Something that has bothered me lately. There's been a lot of questions in the incubation forums that goes along the lines of "help I'm in "lockdown" and my humidity is too low/too high".

Seems like when people told them to familiarize themselves with their machine, it's focused on keeping temp stable and correct (low) incubating humidity, and not testing the parameters for hatching. Personally I've never had a machine where I DIDN'T need to modify the mechanism of water supply, and starting to experiment with that on day 19 would not be pleasant.

Thought I'd put this out there since there's a lot of hatchoholics in this thread, and I'm sure you all have newbies and first-timers asking you questions. (or anyone breaking in a new machine)

Hi all! :frow
Something that has bothered me lately. There's been a lot of questions in the incubation forums that goes along the lines of "help I'm in "lockdown" and my humidity is too low/too high".

Seems like when people told them to familiarize themselves with their machine, it's focused on keeping temp stable and correct (low) incubating humidity, and not testing the parameters for hatching. Personally I've never had a machine where I DIDN'T need to modify the mechanism of water supply, and starting to experiment with that on day 19 would not be pleasant.

Thought I'd put this out there since there's a lot of hatchoholics in this thread, and I'm sure you all have newbies and first-timers asking you questions. (or anyone breaking in a new machine)
Like a test run? I guess I've been fortunate that my nr360 instructions addressed lockdown from the beginning. It is a good thing to figure out ahead of time as much as possible, but mine doesn't run the same empty as it does with eggs in it.

Back
Top Bottom