Kate's Sassy Seramas

Pics
Kate-Here's the other three chicks from your eggs-2 pullets and a cockerel.

My last batch of frizzle/frizzle chicks with their older frazzle sister. Four are frizzle and one smooth.

I wish the pictures were better. The five are all healthy, well-feathered, and for sale. Frazzle not for sale.

Last edited:
Normally I do not cross chicken breeds, but when my wife's cross breed pet hen of eight years was killed I took the old hen's last eggs and gave them to a Japanese bantam to brood. The hen brooded her eggs all the way from WI to our new home in TN. The four eggs that made the trip hatched a few days after we reached TN. Now four months old I am surprised at how attractive they are. The father was a serama!!!

Freckles-serama X ?????????????????????????????????

I'm especially happy with the black. Small in size, vertical in posture, wing, and tail. The other three are more interesting color-wise. I'll try to post pictures today if I'm not called in to sub. Rain here today, but at least the cold has stopped. Two more hens have gone broody and another to hatch next week (EE eggs this time).

Anyone know the effects of poison oak on eggs?. I got into the stuff a couple weeks ago while cutting wood, and since, many eggs have been DIS after being handled; way more than usual. Have to remember to wash before going around the birds. I've had good hatch rates before this-crud!
I have been really happy with the ones that I have been hatching too! I hope he does well in your breeding program.

As for the poision oak, I belive that the shell can absorb things on its surface (water, germs, etc) So maybe that has something to do with it...?
hu.gif

Trixie's new chicks.

Trixie is GORGEOUS!

One of my favorite's. Tiny Tim at 11 weeks. Just under 4 ounces-any predictions what he will mature at?

My serama usually get no bigger after 12 weeks, but do fill out,

Due to his small size Tiny isn't able to handle the cold; he is now our resident house pet... until the crowing starts. A few of my roos crow softly so I'm hoping...

The little brat flies to me every chance he gets.
Awe, how cute! The name is fitting too! Hopefully he crows softly enough to keep in the house!

Kate-Here's the other three chicks from your eggs-2 pullets and a cockerel.

I love the colors and I am glad you got some pullets! On their mothers side all the females have really short backs, are small, and really vertical! Hoping that they tuen out the same.

My last batch of frizzle/frizzle chicks with their older frazzle sister. Four are frizzle and one smooth.

I love the colors!

Just out of curiosity have you had any health problems with the frazzled? I have heard people say they have problems, but have never met anyone that actually has a frazzle. I wish I had more space, I always fall for frizzles and I only have three!
I wish the pictures were better. The five are all healthy, well-feathered, and for sale. Frazzle not for sale.

Normally I do not cross chicken breeds, but when my wife's cross breed pet hen of eight years was killed I took the old hen's last eggs and gave them to a Japanese bantam to brood. The hen brooded her eggs all the way from WI to our new home in TN. The four eggs that made the trip hatched a few days after we reached TN. Now four months old I am surprised at how attractive they are. The father was a serama!!!

Freckles-serama X ?????????????????????????????????
She is really gorgeous! I had a serama cross once and she wasn't nearly as pretty.Maybe she is crossed with an EE or Americana?

Today I got some of the supplies to get the cages , hopefully I can get the rest tomorrow and start on friday!
fl.gif

Normally I do not cross chicken breeds, but when my wife's cross breed pet hen of eight years was killed I took the old hen's last eggs and gave them to a Japanese bantam to brood. The hen brooded her eggs all the way from WI to our new home in TN. The four eggs that made the trip hatched a few days after we reached TN. Now four months old I am surprised at how attractive they are. The father was a serama!!! Freckles-serama X ?????????????????????????????????
Cute! My guess would be d'uccle. :)
Today I got some of the supplies to get the cages , hopefully I can get the rest tomorrow and start on friday! :fl
:clap :fl

Back
Top Bottom