Keeping Other Birds Away from Enclosures Tips

Ronnie_

Chirping
Mar 1, 2023
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for how to keep other birds away from your duck enclosures? We do not have bird feeders in the yard / and birds cannot get into our duck enclosures and access duck food, but we are still having many small birdy visitors to my duck's dismay. Only issue is the leader of my flock sounds the alarm at them being around which is quite annoying/loud. To minimize her yells (especially for harmless birds) and me having to check on the coop every time to make sure it's not some other nefarious predator any tips on deterring these birds?

Right now, we picked up an Owl statue with swivel head, and I'm thinking of hanging a reflective wind spinner off the back of the duck shack (out of eye ducks view) but in area to reflect the sunlight.

I know there is only so much I can do as it's their home too in a way... any ideas would be great!

I use a grandpa’s feeder (Amazon). My ducks step on a lever to open the lid to access the food. It is sort of like a trash can with a pedal to open the lid. It is expensive but it really helps cut down on feed costs and pests.

I use a grandpa’s feeder (Amazon). My ducks step on a lever to open the lid to access the food. It is sort of like a trash can with a pedal to open the lid. It is expensive but it really helps cut down on feed costs and pests.
They have a having feeder, similar to a PVC tube with a rain cover. It’s sits 6” or so off the ground, so I’m not getting any pests. The birds don’t have access to this either as my duck enclosure it completely enclosed with a mix of hardware cloth & chicken wire. The birds are just hanging around outside the enclosure-existing in the outdoors- much to my ducks dismay (that they have to share the yard with other birds lol) just trying to see if I can divert the birdy visitors to hanging out further away from the ducks

Back
Top Bottom