Kentucky people

Quote:
Hi there! I am in Lexington, so right in your area. I am down to 11 chickens, almost all egglayers now.

Hi! I live in Lexington too. I have 22 large fowl, 4 silkies, and 4 bantams. I live near the Nicholasville Rd. Walmart. My husband works at Toyota, so we're hoping to buy a farm in Scott county sometime in the next couple of years.

We have a horse breeding farm in Versailles just off of 60....Versailles Rd. We are actually in Woodford county.

Last edited:
Chicklette-

Your signature cracks me up!
gig.gif

Quote:
Hi! I live in Lexington too. I have 22 large fowl, 4 silkies, and 4 bantams. I live near the Nicholasville Rd. Walmart. My husband works at Toyota, so we're hoping to buy a farm in Scott county sometime in the next couple of years.

We have a horse breeding farm in Versailles just off of 60....Versailles Rd. We are actually in Woodford county.

Oh a horse breeding farm, lucky!! I loved horses as a kid. I can't wait until we can move to farmland so I can get my kids a horse. I grew up spending summers on my grandparents' dairy farm and really want the same type of childhood for my kids.

Okay, before I trudge out and try to beat the rain to transfer my Sebrights from their quarantine run to their secure coop- DOES ANYONE WANT THEM? They were cute (still are) but I'm scared to integrate them cauze they're sooo small.

I have been tying to figure out how to move my two little ones hatched in May into the big coop. They are bantams so I was scared they would get hurt etc. Tonight DH and I went to a meeting and came home after roost time..Amazing the two babies were perched right next to the pullet age hens.

Chickens..I always seem to make it much more complicated than it really is
big_smile.png

Quote:
where are you and how much are they? how old?

I'm in Walton (50 miles north of you, roughly) and I'd like $20 but would take $15. Of course, after Whimsy's post I'm considering going and putting them in the coop right now.

EDIT: Okay, so I didn't toss the Sebrights in with the big girls but I did finally tuck the 4 little D'Uccles (Sugar, Spice, Ginger, and Marshmallow Roo) in there. They've been in the run but separated for about a week or two now so hopefully my big girls don't kill them before I let them all out in the morning! I won't sleep a wink tonight, I just know it.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi there! I am in Lexington, so right in your area. I am down to 11 chickens, almost all egglayers now.

Hey!
DH and I both work at Toyota and live in Scott Co. Hope to have you as a neighbor sometime soon!
Colby

Quote:
All was well this morning, the two young ones perched next to the marans like they had always been there
wink.png

Well, I can't say it was as easy as that for my itty bitties (the roo got pecked at a bit) but no one dead or dying or even seriously injured so I'd say that's a win. They've still got a ways to go but I'm pleased with the progress!

Back
Top Bottom