Kill a racoon? go to jail

Just another example of a law created by those who don't have to live with their effects.

I think jail is an unfair punishment for saving one’s pets, even though he could’ve done it a little more humanely.

How specifically? It is one of the quicker forms of death there is. Relocation is generally a death sentence as the raccoon is located to other's territory. You are just making it someone else's problem.

Last edited:
Here in Alberta, Canada we are at the mercy of predators...Kill and never tell a soul....Wildlife have rights too...:th...
Local farmer thought he was in the right to shoot a Bull Moose yearling that was harassing his Heifers last November...He shot it and called Fish and Wildlife...They confiscated his gun and charged him..He goes to court soon...Shoot but never mention it again..:frow

I live in Florida, and I know we have a right to protect our property, including pets.
He is probably in trouble for the way he killed it, and not the fact that he killed it.
I personally feel like drowning is a terrible way to go.
I would rather send 36 grains of lead at the coons head at Mach 1. Cant get more humane then that.
LIke Chickens Really said tell no soul.
Pellet rifles are legal for use in the city limits in FL, because they contain no chemical propellant.

It's not a humane way of killing, but going to jail is a bit harsh in my opinion. I doubt that the guy is a serial animal abuser. He just made a bad decision. JMO

I agree.

Just trying to understand why the guy chose the method he did...maybe he didn't have a pellet gun or some sort of firearm? He looks like an older man, maybe he was raised back in the day when drowning unwanted animals was a pretty standard practice?

So I agree, not the best way of getting rid of an animal but going to jail seems too much. It's not like this was someone's pet or an endangered animal.

Back
Top Bottom