Killing Horses for Humans to Eat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering we eat spiders, bugs ,rodent poop. (certain amounts are accepted in food processing).
Look it up !!!!!!!

As far as horse meat if you chose to eat it then eat it.
Same with deer,moose,caribou, elephant. chicken.
I am a proud member of PETA.
Prefer
Eating
Tasty
Animals.

Is elephant meat any good to eat? I saw a hunting show a couple days ago where a lady shot an elephant. They cut it's trunk off as a trophy. I hope that wasn't the only reason they killed it.

Quote: I have went to several dentists and they ALWAYS X ray their patients, at least the ones in my area. If you read my previous post I stated there where some good valid advise in the dietary laws, and some things that didn't hold water, for several centuries under cooked for instance caused tape worms, so to avoid pork and other certain foods made a lot of sense for several hundred years until cooking methods where as good as they are now. I never said eating horse was either good or bad, it proves you didn't actually read my post thoroughly you just ran off on a emotion filled tangent. I am not Jewish, and I feel sorry for you to be so abjectly opposed to the thought that there could be a God. Note I did not say what God, or what religion is the correct one.

I believe the exportation of elephant meat is illegal, and they give the carcass to the local villagers and they happily eat it. I could be wrong on the legality part but I remember watching a similar show and they said the animal doesn't go to waste, it gets eaten.

And yeah, also would have to re-examine the figure but memory says they allow 25mg of rat poop per 100 g of "peanut" in peanut butter.
Seems to be more significant than trace elements of medication left over in tissue, even more so if the animal was allowed a quarantine time if residues were found.

I don't know what you are thinking about.......

I am not saying its good to eat one food only.  What idiot would eat horse meat and nothing else?!

Please read slowly my next statement:

Horse meat is fine providing that farming, raising, slaughter and processing are regulated (same as any other meat for human consumption).

If America wants to legalize horse meat they will have to follow farming and food production standards.  

So where is the problem with that exactly?
So is drinking post sewage water that has been filtered but I won't drink it. Horse meat is not the same I cannot say it any more plain. Research a little about what the functionality of a rumen is and how it controls what is absorbed into the meat and blood of an animal.

I have a problem with people who insult others intelligence and do not share where they have gotten their information from. That's not the way to convince someone to your side of the debate. Obviously they are right, and everyone else is wrong, but go look it up yourself...

You'll catch more bee's with honey rather than vinegar.

That and I've never been a fan of ad hominem...I would however, if I were as smart as chickened, as passionate as they are on this subject, try to convince people that they shouldn't, and provide every piece of viable data I could, and encourage YOU to look yourself as well, if only to confirm my findings. But hey, it's so much easier to just call you stupid and not give a source.

Cheers.
Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

I'll keep my original thought on the subject. When people are hungry, it's not because they just didn't have lunch yet...that's not the hunger I'm talking about. I'm talking about the hunger you didn't CHOOSE to experience. Not even on a world scope, but just in our own country, there's thousands, who don't have that choice. See a need, fill a need, I would rather see a lil bit of tax dollars spent to regulate a system where we can extract another use out of product/animal for the well being of BOTH parties, the animal and the humans.

I compare this to the asian carp threat to the great lakes, all these huge food resources, and the best idea was to poison ALL the fish to keep them out rather create a new industry and use for a (while invasive) natural product. Certainly any boost to already established infrastructure industry in these economic times would at least be considered, one would think.

How about this, every unwanted horse gets tested, ones thatpass are slaughtered, ones that don't, can be sent to your preffered horse limbo, where they can starve to death? Happy medium no? or turning them into dog/cat food and distributed to the no kill shelters that keep all our unwanted pets?

You can "feel" the dirtyness of pork after eating it? I'd have to say that's a simple manifestation in your brain due to your religious beliefs, or you really need to reconsider your source for pork.
I think you missed the point. I have no problem with you eating horse or a anyone else slaughter is a wise use for them they are a byproduct of overbreeding not an animal like cattle or sheep that are raised for food. I prefer to not eat it because it is an unclean animal AND it tastes like crap I realize you don't comprehend or simply choose to be ignorant of the merit of clean and unclean animals or your anti Semitic attitude but there is science behind the idea that certain animals are better for you than others. Animals with a rumen do not carry trichinosis and there is a chance you can get it even In the best slaughter houses I raise my own pork actually.

I apologize if this link has already been posted in this thread but here are 6 mouthwatering descriptions of what horse meat tastes like.

http://theweek.com/article/index/240564/6-descriptions-of-what-horse-meat-actually-tastes-like

I have yet to try horse meat as it is hard to find because of taboo in the USA. I'd really love to try it from a reputable source! My favorite exotic meat is alligator. What about you guys?
Had gator tail when I was in Florida was very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom