'Ladies First Chicken Door' ???

Hey peepquack,
I didn't even notice you had a second post - I'm sorry. It is ironic because it is a pet peeve of mine when people don't respond to questions!

Since it is mounted on the inside of the coop, no snow or rain can get in of course. As far as freezing temperatures go - I live in NC and this past winter we had temperatures just above zero for a few nights and it was fine. I don't think we had freezing temperatures all day for a week or more though, but I don't see why it wouldn't work in those conditions. Obviously if any freezing rain gets in your door then nothing can open it. This goes for all doors, house, cars,etc.

We have limited inventory on hand right now.
Thanks,
Matt
Matt, Any idea when you will have inventory in stock?

I guess I'm thinking more if the unit malfunctions and the drive doesn't work, you'd have to unscrew the drive to open pop door...and repair unit.
Sorry, designer here, always looking for the fail points...so we can avoid them, of course.

Yes because of the nature of a screw drive you can't just slide the door up, but that also makes it predator proof. You would just need to take out the four screws that hold the box in place. The bottom portion that attaches to the door just slides off the bracket. It was designed that way to "float" so that it can accommodate different thicknesses of doors.
As a designer you probably can appreciate how much goes into something like this. Everything from the circuit board to the mechanics, choice of materials, dimensions, etc.

Alrighty Folks! I've been tracking everyone's comments here and am happy to say that I'm now awaiting my new Ladies First Chicken Door! Matt has been absolutely incredible throughout the whole process with all my questions and maintains fabulous communication with his customers. He proactively queried as to the length of cable I needed for the sensor without my thinking to mention it to him. As of tonight, I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival! I'll let everyone know how it turns out but truly, it it works 1/2 as good as the customer service I've received, it will be awesome!

Alrighty Folks! I've been tracking everyone's comments here and am happy to say that I'm now awaiting my new Ladies First Chicken Door! Matt has been absolutely incredible throughout the whole process with all my questions and maintains fabulous communication with his customers. He proactively queried as to the length of cable I needed for the sensor without my thinking to mention it to him. As of tonight, I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival! I'll let everyone know how it turns out but truly, it it works 1/2 as good as the customer service I've received, it will be awesome!
Great news! Can't wait to read your review of the door! I have been looking for a review by any owner of the 'Ladies First Chicken Door'. I guess since the product is so new I have not been able to find a review, or any other conversations about the door.

Well??? Where's the review?
He must be a Very Busy Man .....

FWIW, this looks to me to be a Very Good Idea ...... that I don't, at the present time, have a use or desire for: honestly, the few minutes of "chicken therapy" I enjoy right at sundown every day? No amount of wages will cancel that.... just sayin'

If had a 9-5 office job? Yeah, I'd have this ......

Suggestion: Figure out how to integrate supplemental lighting into this:both are based on time ......

Alright. . . alright. . . alright! Sorry for the delay in the review for the Ladies First coop door! Between work and a couple out of town trips, I haven't been hanging around the forum lately. But the door - after a rough start - is fabulous! I love it with no reservations! It did take 2 doors to get 'er done as it turned out that the 1st door was damaged in the mail. It was apparent that the battery box was broken but I thought I could jerry-rig it and that it might be OK functionally. But no - I ran through a few fuses while troubleshooting the problem (for which Matt is sending me some extras as replacements!) and ended up calling Matt. Though Matt was incredible with his suggestions for a fix, we decided that with my poor mechanical skills (my words, not his), it'd be better to start fresh with a new unit. He popped one in the mail immediately along with a pre-paid label for returning the orignial unit. Then it was off to work on the new installation. Matt was still working on the installation instructions so he had to guide me some via a few texts and photo exchanges. It actually was very simple to install and by now I'm sure the instructions are complete for future customers. You truly can't ask for more responsive customer service.

The door works absolutely perfect. I am very pleased. I was somewhat surprised that it is rather loud while opening/closing but that's really not a concern as it doesn't bother the girls. The mechanism feels very secure and the speed for opening/closing is very gradual - it's hard to imagine a bird ever getting caught by the door. I like that the door does not open out into the weather and that it is not dependent on a string or wire to function. There is no way that a wiley racoon will be able to pry it open. Matt offered extra length for the light sensor cord and I'm glad that I took him up on his offer as I've had to move it a couple times so that it's not triggered by the porch light. Having an automatic door is awesome - it makes finding chichen sitters for my out of town trips a lot easier as it eliminates 2 trips a day for them to come by my house. Matt took the time to followup with me a week or so after the successful installation - I really appreciated that. And. . . the girls have totally accepted it and are glad they don't have to wait for me to get out in the morning (I'm so NOT a morning person!). No regrets with this purchase. I believe that the Ladies First Coop Door will be a total success and I can recommend it without reservation.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom