Large Fowl Cochin Thread

Hi folks. I hatched out a lonely only doubled-barred Cochin on Jan 11th. He/she is supposed to be a large fowl according to the breeder I purchased the hatching eggs from, although she/seems pretty small compared to the EEs that are the same age.

Anyway, I know there is a board for gender ID, but I want to run the pictures by you folks and hear what you have to say first.

What do you think? Roo or pullet?
[/IMG][/IMG]

Hi folks. I hatched out a lonely only doubled-barred Cochin on Jan 11th. He/she is supposed to be a large fowl according to the breeder I purchased the hatching eggs from, although she/seems pretty small compared to the EEs that are the same age.

Anyway, I know there is a board for gender ID, but I want to run the pictures by you folks and hear what you have to say first.

[/IMG][/IMG]

Most people won't attempt to sex cochins at a young age they are always hard to tell. I wont even try to guess...

Tonight I came across some cochins when i saw they were LF blues and blacks i started reading. Here this person is selling some straight from Jamie Matts. I am really hoping to get them!!

[/IMG][/IMG]

I'll take a guess too since I have raised a few. I believe she is a she too. The barreds are fairly easy once they start feathering. The hens are always darker black lines and the Roos are a light gray.

My babies from Ideal have arrived. They are so beautiful and fluffy! The feet feathers are fuller than I expected off hatchery birds. Can't wait to see them grow up.

The red ones are non feather legged packing peanut roosters

How often do you (large Cochin owners) have problem with their feet? I have a large male and he is limping real bad. If you look in "emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures" you will see my post "Help!..."

Yay for LF Cochins! Hello everyone. I got Cochin hens to hatch my other breed, but then I decided I liked the Cochins better! I have a mix of colors and just recently got a mottled cock to go with my girls but then someone went and posted a picture of a buff barred Cochin on face book and now I want it.
These are some of mine.

Back
Top Bottom