Large tear/cut below vent

Her wounds looks good and to be healing. I would gradually put her with her flock a little at a time. It is too soon to place her back full time. She could spend time each day in a dog crate with food and water with her flock. Then you could supervise her sessions with her flock. As long as the wound is visible, she still could be injured.

Quick update - Misty is back with all her friends and doing very well. I continue applying ointment and checking on her daily but at this point her bottom is looking very good, her wound has almost closed up, and I feel confident she’s fine. Thank you for your guidance!

63187FFE-E677-41DB-8D43-9B585458CFD4.jpeg

3A4DF89C-68F3-44BD-B1B0-9A5C7F6C3506.jpeg

Oh gosh, that looks way worse, poor thing!

Hope you can get her cleaned up and get that poop off and disinfected. Fingers crossed for her.

2642C0BD-BA55-4B8C-938A-AAC7260974FE.jpeg

I’d say full recovery. I’m very thankful to have a happy ending, thank you all again.

I didn’t want to make a new thread for such a minor issue but thought I might post in this thread hoping to maybe get an opinion on my little dUccle rooster, he’s got something going on with his wings. I don’t really see him get in fights with my other boys, they mostly ignore him. I see him mount hens twice his size so I don’t think he’s getting beat up by hens either, so I can’t quite think he’s been pecked on both wings so severely. He’s acting totally normal but I don’t want this to be a fungus or something that might get worse or spread to other birds. For now I’ve been smearing some neosporin on both wings. I guess also compared to a couple of my girls who have been the boys favorites this roos skin is much more red and irritated and to me doesn’t look like typical feather picking. I’d be happy to be wrong though.

108FDA16-6472-405E-A053-BBB11D4C35EB.jpeg
651AA165-2DE5-441D-82A4-5ED186FE4D42.jpeg

4DA08635-9A3D-4881-B26F-977B8CFEAE5F.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom