Late Feburary-Early March 2016 Hatch-A-Long!

How many times have you hatched eggs?

• This is my first time

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Two

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Three

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Four or five

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Five to ten

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Ten to twenty

• Twenty to fifty

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Fifty or more

• Total voters
Update on my hatch- I did day 14 candle, out of 15 I think only 1 is alive.
sad.png

Don't know where I went wrong, but on all the duds so far, the yolks have been ruptured. They look shipped, but the farthest trip they have been on is from the coop to the house.
May someone have jarred your incubator?

Here is a Day 14 candle pic for comparison:
527e8808_230_day_14_2_copy.jpeg

I have no idea how my incubation is going...I went to check the water level and the doors were frozen shut at my farmhouse. It was -25 yesterday high of -7. I am sure it is fine.

May someone have jarred your incubator? Here is a Day 14 candle pic for comparison:
527e8808_230_day_14_2_copy.jpeg
No, I doubt it..... It was placed in a very seperate part of the house against the wall, only way it could have gotten severly jarred would have been to push it onto the floor. :/ Thanks for the picture, In comparison I think all 8 of the BSL are probably not fertile, not died after development. I have been getting fertile eggs from them, so not sure why they would suddenly stop. My roos are rather young, 10-11 months, so maybe I'll get better hatch rates in the future.

Probably a little late to this thread. I set 14 bourbon red eggs on the 4th. I've candled a few and most have small veins forming.

Will do a full candling on Thursday. Should see better formations in them by then.

Good luck to all others that are incubatinh.
Turkeys! I am so excited to see these little guys!

I candled on day 14 and found my air cells to be very small. My humidity has been between 40-45% pretty consistently, but my hens are pretty young and their egg shells are awfully thick, I read that might inhibit evaporation. Anyway, I've been running it dry (stays at about 20% humidity dry) for two days. They still seem small but I think they are getting bigger, I didn't mark the air cells until today (day 16). I'll see if they look better by day 18. If they are still small, should I not put the humidity all the way to 65%, or ?? Also, my eggs are sitting upright in cartons, can they hatch this way or should I remove them before lockdown? This is a homemade incubator I bought used and the cartons are actually attached with zip ties, but I can cut them off.

So after candling yesterday, I notice that one of the two remaining eggs wasn't moving properly, I checked again this morning... It's gone. This is my worst set ever. Started with 24. 4 were duds, 1 fertile but with an internal crack and 19 good ones. Now I'm down to 1 due the 28th and 1 due March 4th.... Grrrrrr

So after candling yesterday, I notice that one of the two remaining eggs wasn't moving properly, I checked again this morning... It's gone. This is my worst set ever. Started with 24. 4 were duds, 1 fertile but with an internal crack and 19 good ones. Now I'm down to 1 due the 28th and 1 due March 4th.... Grrrrrr
Aw, I'm sorry
hugs.gif
I hope you get better luck next time.

I'd like to join. I'm incubating 18 eggs. Ranging from Easter Eggers to Leghorns. Tomorrow is day 5 so I'm going to candle them and hope to see that they are fertile. Theyre hatch date is March 4th

Back
Top Bottom