Late Feburary-Early March 2016 Hatch-A-Long!

How many times have you hatched eggs?

• This is my first time

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Two

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Three

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Four or five

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Five to ten

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Ten to twenty

• Twenty to fifty

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Fifty or more

• Total voters
So after a power outage last night, I'm down to 2 eggs that lived. They're on day 13. Hopefully they survive. Power was down for 6 hours and it was -13° out. We'll see.....

Hi there...Hope you all don't mind me joining in...but, I love HAL's!!! And I am a total hatching addict~

I just set some beautiful eggs that I got from some great BYC Members & my own:

6 White Pavlovskaya
6 mix of Blue Isbar and Black Copper Marans This mix produces a stunning bird with a cool egg color.
15 Appenzeller Spitzhaubens
1- Bielefelder
1-CCL/EE
5- Speckled Sussex
14- silkie sizzle

Waiting on some barbezieux still.

Happy hatching!

Oh no Caesar! I hope the two left both hatch so you don't have a singleton! That was deffinately not a good time for the power to go out!
Only time the power went out while I was incubating was two years ago in the middle of summer, so it wasn't a big deal.

Welcome purpletie! That's a nice assortment of eggs! I love spitz but have never had any...am interested to see the chicks! :-D

So after a power outage last night, I'm down to 2 eggs that lived. They're on day 13. Hopefully they survive. Power was down for 6 hours and it was -13° out. We'll see.....
That's heartbreaking! I had a power outage last year...I lost them all. Wish I had known the power was out...I would have carried them on my body until it went back on. ($225/6 eggs)

I am sorry about the power outage, I had 2, once I was hatching out 2 eggs power went out 2 days before hatch, (5 hrs)I took the eggs to bed with me, put them back when power came on, and both chicks hatched on time 2 days later..

The second power outages there were 2 a couple of days apart from each other, one 5hrs one 6hrs. I used hand warming packets to keep them warm 16/17 hatched with those...

Last edited:
Probably a little late to this thread. I set 14 bourbon red eggs on the 4th. I've candled a few and most have small veins forming.

Will do a full candling on Thursday. Should see better formations in them by then.

Good luck to all others that are incubatinh.

Back
Top Bottom