Late Feburary-Early March 2016 Hatch-A-Long!

How many times have you hatched eggs?

• This is my first time

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Two

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Three

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Four or five

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Five to ten

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Ten to twenty

• Twenty to fifty

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Fifty or more

• Total voters
Don't give up. They may still make it. You caught it pretty quickly
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png

Don't give up. They may still make it. You caught it pretty quickly
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
Thanks, I'll try. I'm a Veterinary Technician and so obviously I deal with death daily . . but not senseless death like this. Yup, I cried last night and only got 5 hrs sleep before having to be at work. Had to keep checking the bator and making sure all was good. Now I have a 10 hr shift of nonstop working at a low cost clinic ahead of me.
th.gif

Started a batch if 39 two days ago. Barnyard mixes mostly of white rocks, polish, Easter eggers , and brown leghorns

So sorry Quackers!!!! Praying you caught it in time.

So I am on day 4 of eggs hatching!!! So far 12/16, not bad for my first hatch. Who know if more will come?!?!

Day 7 of the latest batch and my dry hatch humidity jumped to 70% took the top off my JN12 and candled 4 of the 17 eggs. Since they are on their sides and I'm doing the turning not the automatic turner three looked ok but the fourth had a red ring. Humidity dropped back down to 50 when I put the top back on. Did this hurt the eggs?

I received my turkey eggs today!! Yay!! Paid for 8, got 10 Lavenders, 2 Chocolates, and 2 Mottled Blacks. They are resting overnight and I will put them in the bator in the morning after I get home from work. I've had my temps consistent for three days and my humidity for a little over one. It took me longer to get the humidity high enough. But now that it is all good, I can't wait to get started. I will set up a brooder in the garage so I can keep them indoors away from the other birds and my dog as well as keep them from getting chilled. For the first few days, though, I may keep them in the spare room where I have the bator now.

I received my turkey eggs today!! Yay!! Paid for 8, got 10 Lavenders, 2 Chocolates, and 2 Mottled Blacks. They are resting overnight and I will put them in the bator in the morning after I get home from work. I've had my temps consistent for three days and my humidity for a little over one. It took me longer to get the humidity high enough. But now that it is all good, I can't wait to get started. I will set up a brooder in the garage so I can keep them indoors away from the other birds and my dog as well as keep them from getting chilled. For the first few days, though, I may keep them in the spare room where I have the bator now.
Yay! Sounds good
smile.png

My only white egg, candling day 10. I candled about half of them, and there was only one that looked like it had a blood ring, so I marked it for next time. All the others looked good!

Back
Top Bottom