Late Feburary-Early March 2016 Hatch-A-Long!

How many times have you hatched eggs?

• This is my first time

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Two

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Three

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Four or five

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Five to ten

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Ten to twenty

• Twenty to fifty

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Fifty or more

• Total voters
I just set my 7 into lockdown! Shortly after setting them, I noticed 2 rocking back and forth! I'm so excited to see how they girls turn out, this is my first hatch and I've been nervous since day 1.

They did great, feathered in fine and grew up to be beautiful roosters, but they are long gone now, they were the "frypan special" and that's exactly where they went!
I ordered some cornish cross to try for the pan... Better than the macerator. Hopefully, the females will feather nicely. Looking for some white layers since all my eggs are blue, green, creme etc...

Day 10. four more out two with sappy spots and 2 with big red rings. Down to 12 left. Some have very large air sacks. and humidity is back to 40%. Should I add a few drops of water or is large air sacks (abt one fourth the egg) a good thing?

Day 10. four more out two with sappy spots and 2 with big red rings. Down to 12 left. Some have very large air sacks. and humidity is back to 40%. Should I add a few drops of water or is large air sacks (abt one fourth the egg) a good thing?

This is from Sally's hatching 101 article. Are you close to this?

I wouldn't expect them to be that big at Day 10, so I would add some water and raise the humidity to 50% if you can.

So, after losing all my duck eggs between days 7-18, I was hesitant to to post about current eggs... But, for 3 eggs I'm on day 12 and for 11 eggs I'm on day 8. Mutt ducks. Possible fathers are welsh harlequin, Cayuga, or pekin mallard mix. Mothers are khaki campbells, Cayuga, pekin, white mallard or white mallard pekin cross. Fingers crossed for this batch...

So, after losing all my duck eggs between days 7-18, I was hesitant to to post about current eggs... But, for 3 eggs I'm on day 12 and for 11 eggs I'm on day 8. Mutt ducks. Possible fathers are welsh harlequin, Cayuga, or pekin mallard mix. Mothers are khaki campbells, Cayuga, pekin, white mallard or white mallard pekin cross. Fingers crossed for this batch...

Best of luck! I also have ducks on day 8 :) Have you candled yet?

So one of my chicks has pipped! I noticed a pip at around noon, by 3 most of its beak was out and I could hear it chirping. It looks like it's getting shrink wrapped though. The humidity has been around 75% though and the temp around 97.9. I'm not sure what to do about it get shrink wrapped. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom