Late Feburary-Early March 2016 Hatch-A-Long!

How many times have you hatched eggs?

• This is my first time

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Two

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Three

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Four or five

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Five to ten

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Ten to twenty

• Twenty to fifty

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Fifty or more

• Total voters
My 10 welsummer eggs should hatch tomorrow.

Got my first external pip. From one egg.

But eggs are so dark I have a hard time candling.

Oh this is just insane!
I pulled two this morning that were iffy a few days ago and were definitely iffy today. ( had to add water anyway.) I'm having to add a ton of water. We are in fire danger outside and humidity is down to 20% outside and in the house. So the room they are in has a humidifier and have been fighting to keep it 50% inside with four sponges.

I have three thermometers in there. They ready anywhere from 97-101'

Down to 11 eggs. FOUR are rocking and rolling and knocking inside and chirping.

The others are silent but air cells look good.

I'm having to work hard for this batch of chicks.

This is day 22 and a few times the incubator went batty, so I guess were going later that 21 on this one... obviously.

Sigh.

day 22 +4 hrs.  I haven't heard a peep for two or three days but I have three eggs with pips. I'm hoping they are going to make it and maybe some of the other 9.  No movement but then I didn't spot movement with the first three.  Fingers crossed.  If for no other reason than to keep from opening the incubator LOL

Are your little pippers making any progress zipping? I thought you would have some babies by now. If you incubated at a lower temp they can take longer and certain breeds do too. I hope this works out ok for you. :hugsi

Oh this is just insane!
I pulled two this morning that were iffy a few days ago and were definitely iffy today. ( had to add water anyway.) I'm having to add a ton of water.  We are in fire danger outside and humidity is down to 20% outside and in the house.  So the room they are in has a humidifier and have been fighting to keep it 50% inside with four sponges.

I have three thermometers in there.  They ready anywhere from 97-101'

Down to 11 eggs.  FOUR are rocking and rolling and knocking inside and chirping. 

The others are silent but air cells look good.

I'm having to work hard for this batch of chicks. 

This is day 22 and a few times the incubator went batty, so I guess were going later that 21 on this one... obviously.

Sigh.

It's that fun busy time in the incubator! Hope you have some chicks soon!

Well, the hatch is over. Ended up with 25 out of the 29 that went into lockdown. I lost the little sickly guy. He just started going downhill and was gone within a couple hours. :( had to make a pip for the little tapping guy. Turns out his lower beak is bigger than his top and he couldn't break out on his own. Completely hatched him out and he's doing perfect! I'm overall very happy with this hatch. Sad for the sickly one but I know I did my best to help him. Now time to clean the incubators. Yuck! Thanks so much for all of the advice! :)

Great job on your hatch! You learned a lot... You had a yolk sac infection and sounds like you have a crossbeak chicken too. Sorry about the loss of your little Yolky guy. It gets easier with each loss but still stinks. All eggs are not meant to hatch...sometimes something is just not quite right . I always have eggs that didn't hatch from shipped eggs & even my own eggs. Good luck with your new additions . Hope your child is doing well also!

Back
Top Bottom