Late Feburary-Early March 2016 Hatch-A-Long!

How many times have you hatched eggs?

• This is my first time

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Two

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Three

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Four or five

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Five to ten

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Ten to twenty

• Twenty to fifty

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Fifty or more

• Total voters
I asked because Muscovy cross eggs can take longer than 28 days, but less than 35.

-Kathy
Wow- What a range!

Speaking about ranges...The Barbezieux that I set on Feb. 27th are hatching....It's like day 24. This is the weirdest thing...granted they did travel 2000 miles to get to me & my humidity pump crapped the bed on Friday leaving me with humidity at 30% here and there. I did say some prayers.

I had a little hona hatch two days ago and noticed a pip in one of the barbezieux so< Didn't dare open it. We made a funnel (Kinda like the college theme) out of a milk bottle, a piping nozzel and some flexible tube- I stuck the tub just over my water reservoir and filled it up. It took a pint and a half. (Large cabinet I am working with) Yesterday the pipper was out by last night but alas...yet another pip.

Upon checking them this a.m....I have two barbezieux out and the little hona...and it looks like 3 more pips. I feel incredibly blessed right now that these little guys have graced me with their presence.

Anyone else have a late hatch with barbezieux or shipped eggs???

Going into lockdown with my turkeys tonight. I took my egg turner out before coming to work and I asked my 14 year old son to keep an eye on the temperatures for me until I can get home.
fl.gif
This is my first time with turkeys so I hope I get a few good hatches this week.

Going into lockdown with my turkeys tonight. I took my egg turner out before coming to work and I asked my 14 year old son to keep an eye on the temperatures for me until I can get home.
fl.gif
This is my first time with turkeys so I hope I get a few good hatches this week.
I have never hatched a turkey! Good luck! Can't wait to see!

Its day 31 and the duck eggs are finally wiggling! Had I known they would have taken this long, they could have joined in the Easter HAL!

Back
Top Bottom