Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Im looking to the proposed standard of the lavender ameraucanas. What means a horn to black beak? The beak should compleatly black or is allowed to have a few yellow areas?

Im looking to the proposed standard of the lavender ameraucanas. What means a horn to black beak? The beak should compleatly black or is allowed to have a few yellow areas?

No Ameraucana should have yellow, but if you're looking at chicks they *can look* yellowish at first hatch...

Horn is dark, going to lighter/whitish/clearish at the end of the beak...

I have one Lavender Ameraucana Cock and need some females for him. The person I got the Cock from no longer sells them. Where can I find some more? I am open to hatching eggs as well.

It may be hard to find much this time of year. My Lav hens haven't laid an egg for about 2 months. If you can get black hens, you can easily make splits and keep all the pullets you raise to breed back to their father. In my experience, you will get much better layers that way too, a lot of the Lav stock seems to be inbred or something. Last year I had a pen of 7 lavender pullets and another pen of 5 black split to lavender pullets. Both had lav cockerels. I think I hatched more lavender chicks from the pen of splits than the pen of pure lavenders, even considering that a lot of the chicks that hatched were black and only split for lavender. That is how much better the splits laid for me.
If I were you, I'd look for blacks or splits as well as pure lavenders. It will increase your chance of finding some.

It may be hard to find much this time of year. My Lav hens haven't laid an egg for about 2 months. If you can get black hens, you can easily make splits and keep all the pullets you raise to breed back to their father. In my experience, you will get much better layers that way too, a lot of the Lav stock seems to be inbred or something. Last year I had a pen of 7 lavender pullets and another pen of 5 black split to lavender pullets. Both had lav cockerels. I think I hatched more lavender chicks from the pen of splits than the pen of pure lavenders, even considering that a lot of the chicks that hatched were black and only split for lavender. That is how much better the splits laid for me.
If I were you, I'd look for blacks or splits as well as pure lavenders. It will increase your chance of finding some.

Thank you. I do have one black that is growing out. (Hopefully she will be a she). I have to get rid of half my Ameruacana stock as their offspring are showing up with red leakage. So i do not want to use them with my lavender stock.

Does anyone have a self blue/ lavender hen they are interested in breeding? I have a Roo from show quality lines. I can’t seem to find a hen but would be willing to trade breeding for hatching eggs.

Back
Top Bottom