Lavender cuckoo easter egger

I just returned from the Fowl Fest show in Michigan.I entered a LF lavender cuckoo cockerel that placed Reserve AOV.I encourage others to enter some when you get the chance.This is part of the process of a new variety,
smile.png

He is a very handsome bird.

Does that barring hide the fretting from the Lavender gene, or do you think it corrects it somehow? Inquiring minds want to know...
I think it interferes with the fretting somehow .Plus lavender seems to allow slate legs with sex-linked barring.

Good to see BuffyGRL post.Nobody complained about the lav cuckoo or the cuckoo I entered.Leg color was good.I was glad everyone got along.

Thanks Jerry. Haven't been on for a while. I didn't keep any cuckoo cockerels but I do have several cuckoo and Lav cuckoo hens. Just can't decide which of my roosters I want to use over them lol. I have a few nice lavender cockerels growing out. If they have good size and body type I want to use one of them. Hopefully next spring I can put more time to these and another project and hatch hatch hatch.

I picked up two lavender cuckoo roos from Gooseandfig, but none of my roos or hens are showing the slate legs like you got Jerry. fingers crossed that I'll see some in the next generation.

I feel I got lucky with the leg color. I will admit some of the color is in the outer layer of skin but that was already there in blacks and lavender.I just select the best color I get for breeders.I will offer chicks and eggs come spring.Thinking of using the lav cuckoo over cuckoo to make splits.As a plus a flock of lav cuckoo split hens would produce sex link pullets when bred to a lav rooster.Only the males would be barred.

Back
Top Bottom