Lavender cuckoo easter egger

Thanks, nex t gen will have more double factor birds so the pattern will be stronger. My leg color is still lighT, but I'm happy with their body shape

I have very good leg color on single barred males . Double barred males still fade as they get mature . Females are always good leg color due to single barring . It is hard to detect the solid colored feathers on single barred males . I showed a pair last fall . The male was single barred . Trying to get some interest in them by showing .

I am always a lurker and never a poster but I really wanted to tell all of you how stunning I think these birds are! I know a lot of work has gone into them and you deserve the accolades.

Last edited:
Finally got some pictures of my birds for this year. Still getting some gold bleed through on the roosters - but they are coming along nicely

Personally, I like how the gold accents the barring! It is quite striking. Very nice looking birds
smile.png

Wow! These are so pretty!!!! I have decided to start and Ameracuana project as well, but with the silkie feathered variety. Though I hope to introduce barring at some point. I will probably hit someone up for some of these lovely barred hatching eggs in the future.

Wow! These are so pretty!!!! I have decided to start and Ameracuana project as well, but with the silkie feathered variety. Though I hope to introduce barring at some point. I will probably hit someone up for some of these lovely barred hatching eggs in the future.
I was lucky enough to pick up a black silkied ameraucana hen this fall, so I'm hoping that in two generations I'll have some of these in a silkied variety.

I was lucky enough to pick up a black silkied ameraucana hen this fall, so I'm hoping that in two generations I'll have some of these in a silkied variety.

If you do please let me know. I would like to introduce barring in my project as well. I'm hoping to do BBS and Choc/Lav with silkied feathers and barring. I know it will take years since I'm starting small. I think I will end up with only 5 or 6 pullets and a roo. And they may not all be silkied to start.

Jerryse - I love what you are doing with colors! I was wondering - have you thought about crossing the cuckoo lavender to Ayam Cemani to address the legs? I keep thinking about it but I "chicken out" when I think about actually trying it. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom