Lavender cuckoo easter egger

Thank you! Yes, this helps tremendously. My male should only be single factored. His parents were a golden cuckoo marans hen x lavender ameraucana cock. I plan to breed him to my black split for lavender hens to try and achieve these beautiful lavender cuckoo EE's. So if he is single factored, and the hen is not carrying cuckoo/barring, what percentage of the chicks would be cuckoo?

A single factored male will produce 50% barred of both sexes.A cuckoo hen is hemizygous and will produce cuckoo cockerels only when bred to a black.The 75% cuckoo figure I gave was for a mating with a single factored male over cuckoo hens.I factored in a 50% overlap of the barring giving 25% double factored males.I seem to have overlooked the fact the hens were not cuckoo.Sorry

ok
I know what all we are dealing with now

So he is a single factored barred male split to lavender

his mate will be a black split to lavender

you should get

on average a pair each ratio wise of the following

lavender
lavender cuckoo
black split to lavender
black
cuckoo spilt to lavender
cuckoo

Now for your original breeding all you should have gotten would be males like him, and black hens split to lavender. Is this hen you plan to breed him to his sister from that mating?
IF SO, you will have to add brown red birchen into the mix too from this second mating in all versions

in other words

brown red
brown red barred
lavender brown red
lavedner brown red barred
then all again in splits were possible

ok
I know what all we are dealing with now

So he is a single factored barred male split to lavender

his mate will be a black split to lavender

you should get

on average a pair each ratio wise of the following

lavender
lavender cuckoo
black split to lavender
black
cuckoo spilt to lavender
cuckoo

Now for your original breeding all you should have gotten would be males like him, and black hens split to lavender. Is this hen you plan to breed him to his sister from that mating?
IF SO, you will have to add brown red birchen into the mix too from this second mating in all versions

in other words

brown red
brown red barred
lavender brown red
lavedner brown red barred
then all again in splits were possible

No, the hens are not related, different project. Should be pure black ameraucan split to lavender.

When I hatched him, yes, all the males were cuckoo, then hens were black olive eggers.

What exactly does this mean? "on average a pair each ratio wise of the following"

Thanks guys for helping me figure this out! With only having the trio to work with, I need to have an idea of how many I will need to hatch out to get what I'm aiming for!

that means odds wise in a perfect world, you should hatch even numbers of those colors and in both sexes.
In real life, you may hatch 20 of one color 2 of another 6 of another etc, but over all threw the year it should average out

Back
Top Bottom