Lavender cuckoo easter egger

these Lavender cuckoo easter eggers are stunning. I had no idea they exsisited.
what crosses did you use to make them?
I haven't posted any pictures yet.I got my start from Jerry Segler. I have a Cuckoo/barred rooster over 2 Black hens. All three of them are also split to lavender. From their breedings I have gotten Lav, Lav cuckoo, Black, and cuckoo offspring. The ratio seems to be more cuckoo and I only get the occasional black, lav or lav cuckoo. But I only set small hatches last spring to test what colors this cross produced. All of the pullets produced have been nice feather quality and comb quality, The cuckoo and lav cuckoo cockerals were okay but the not up to par for what I wanted to breed. So, I am going to use a Lav Split Rooster with some size and black shanks to try and improve some of their qualities. I know that is a half a step back but for me thats okay. I want to focus on the quality and type. I know it will take some time but I am in it for the long haul.

As far as the shanks on lav cuckoo and cuckoo...I am experimenting with that to see if some other birds I have could produce at least a breedable trio of dark shank cuckoos one day
big_smile.png

Got some new pics of my roo today before they escaped the coop. I have a few eggs saved up, really debating on setting a few. My lav and split Ameraucanas that lay the bluer eggs are both broody again, so I just have the projects and the eggs are a bit on the grey side at this point.
He does have a little bit of fluff at the tail base, but overall type is pretty good for this early on, I think. His legs are definitely not slate, but they have a silver tint to them.

really like his coloring. very nice !!!

No.. the eventual Goal is a cuckoo/Barred Lavender Ameraucana... man I wish I had all the genetics you have at your hand, I see you guys and I just cant help around with the breeding..
ok yeah then that makes sense.

nicalandia. I think you mentioned a red cuckoo easter or olive egger ? did you try that out? seems to me if I recall correct I saw a photo of one once around here. Was a real nice looker.
Can not find it now.

Thank you for all the insight.
I know I would like to have a few of these Lavender Cuckoo's walking around my property

ok yeah then that makes sense.

nicalandia. I think you mentioned a red cuckoo easter or olive egger ? did you try that out? seems to me if I recall correct I saw a photo of one once around here. Was a real nice looker.
Can not find it now.

Thank you for all the insight.
I know I would like to have a few of these Lavender Cuckoo's walking around my property
I was talking about a progect I had on my mind(with all the genetics figured out) about a Red Barred Ameraucana that was also autosexing.. but I´m very far from applying this into practice

I was talking about a progect I had on my mind(with all the genetics figured out) about a Red Barred Ameraucana that was also autosexing.. but I´m very far from applying this into practice
Ahhh yes like the rhode bars I saw on that thread.Been thinking on that myself.

Back
Top Bottom