Lavender Orpington project ....

Quote:
Crikey, Steve! Is that from one of my eggs!?!? If it is, I have the answer, and I suspect you'll hate it as much as I do...

O.k. Renee, you can't say something like that and not share, what is he!!
caf.gif
big_smile.png

Quote:
Crikey, Steve! Is that from one of my eggs!?!? If it is, I have the answer, and I suspect you'll hate it as much as I do...

caf.gif
big_smile.png

Well, I'm not even sure it happened, because I certainly never saw evidence of it...but my Isabel project used to be housed on another person's farm some months back, and they were near that person't Light Sussex/Coronation Sussex pen. Mind you, I never saw evidence of any mixing, but...that was the very first thought when I saw that bird...and I sent Steve a bunch of eggs when he had some bad losses earlier this year...

It looks like I need to send him some more as an apology!!

Quote:
caf.gif
big_smile.png

Well, I'm not even sure it happened, because I certainly never saw evidence of it...but my Isabel project used to be housed on another person's farm some months back, and they were near that person't Light Sussex/Coronation Sussex pen. Mind you, I never saw evidence of any mixing, but...that was the very first thought when I saw that bird...and I sent Steve a bunch of eggs when he had some bad losses earlier this year...

So... new project color or just an opps?
tongue.png
You know me and projects.
wink.png

Quote:
caf.gif
big_smile.png

I have to admit I have suspicioned him to be a Lt Sussex/Orp mix, and really don't mind. He is by far the heaviest framed, thickest chick of the group. I have no idea how buff mixes with other crosses, so wasn't sure if it was even possible to get a buff from a Lt Sussex cross. If he carries lav from either/or both sides, that's great in my philosophies.............................. he might just be kept over some pullets someday.
wink.png

ETA: I very much appreciated the help getting restarted after loosing most of my flock; no apology is warranted or needed.

Last edited:
Hi. I am the preventist for the public school here in Animas, NM. We have, like most school, lost quite a bit of funding so all classes are responsible for raising their own money for their field trip. The 4th grade hatch out chicks from picture top incubators and sell them to locals to pay for the gas for the school bus for the end of the year. I have aquired a few kind of chickens this year so that they have purebreed chicks to sell. (no one really wants to buy mutt chickens) I had bought 2 lav orp hens and 3 rooster from a lady that was getting divorced and the kids were really excited about hatching them out. Well last night I would not find the hens. I am hopeing that they just got lost, but they haven't come back yet today. I think we have a cat problem and will be setting up some traps tonight. I was wondering if anyone had any lav eggs for sell, that were reasonable. It is for a great cause..PM if you do. Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom