lavender orpingtons

74458_1311903816754.jpg

this is my 2 girls and my one boy my other boy is on the roosting board above them its a little late here in mn so they are getting ready for bed

74458_1311903780869.jpg

I have a couple that hatched out of "bonus eggs" a nice lady sent me. Naturally they are both boys.
hmm.png
But what silly, sweet boys they are! I really like them. These pictures are a week or so old. I need to get some new ones. The change so fast at this age.

Stewie in the shade. He's not really this blue. He is really as much of a hog as his distended crop shows!

100_4035.jpg

T-Rex, the shy one.

100_4017.jpg

i would love your boys but i live in mn and im not looking to drive a long while .........theyu are so beautiful .....once the tail feathers come in entirelly they are amazing to look at

Thanks colster! That's really nice of you to say. Fact is, I'm not desperate to get rid of them. They really are nice boys. I don't have a roo at all, and I've hatched mostly boys this year. I'm hoping to find a keeper or two out of the pack.

They do have silly little cottontails at this point! Cracks me up. T-Rex is trying to grow in saddle feathers, and they are sort of curly. It's cute.

Some pictures from today.

Stewie:

100_4062.jpg

T-Rex:

100_4084.jpg

Not the best shots, but I was lucky to get anything before the storm rolled in. Yay Rain!
smile.png

Last edited:
I am just trying to start a little breeding program, however, I was told that my three babies are roos. Here are their sweet little mugs anyhow.
love.gif
Thoughts on gender??

#1 "Big" This one is a week older than the other two

#2 "Blackie"

#3 "Stripes"

I am just trying to start a little breeding program, however, I was told that my three babies are roos. Here are their sweet little mugs anyhow.
love.gif
Thoughts on gender??

#1 "Big" This one is a week older than the other two

#2 "Blackie"

#3 "Stripes"

I don't see three boys in the pictures... #1 might be a cockerel but the other two look like pullets to me. Lavender are still very much a project and combs can express very early even in pullets. Hang tight and grow them out you might just be surprised.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom