lavender orpingtons

Thanks colster! That's really nice of you to say. Fact is, I'm not desperate to get rid of them. They really are nice boys. I don't have a roo at all, and I've hatched mostly boys this year. I'm hoping to find a keeper or two out of the pack.

They do have silly little cottontails at this point! Cracks me up. T-Rex is trying to grow in saddle feathers, and they are sort of curly. It's cute.

Some pictures from today.

Stewie:

100_4062.jpg

T-Rex:

100_4084.jpg

Not the best shots, but I was lucky to get anything before the storm rolled in. Yay Rain!
smile.png

Aww he's so cute! I just love the little roos at that age, all legs and necks lol.

Hello.. I have 8 lavender orpingtons.. they were about a week old when I got them and are now 7-8 weeks old.. out of the 8 there are two that are so much smaller than the others and are still not fully feathered where the others have been feathered for at least 2-3 weeks and living outside.. The two small ones were outside for a few days until the others bullied them, ripped their tail feathers off and pecked their vents raw ..

From your experience with lavender orps.. any tips on how to tell which ones are the hens vs. roosters? I'm starting wonder if the small ones are the roosters?

I heat that lavenders ate still a project bird but does anyone know the constancy of the coloring I got eggs for hatching and enders up with two yellow and one black the rest are the silvery lavender you would expect

I heat that lavenders ate still a project bird but does anyone know the constancy of the coloring I got eggs for hatching and enders up with two yellow and one black the rest are the silvery lavender you would expect
even as a project birds if you mate a Lavender rooster with a Lavender hen you will get 100% lavender chicks, black chicks are expected when crossing a lavender bird with a lavender split bird(one copy of lavender) but yellow chick down is not a good sign

Think I beef to write the seller mange he just sent others colors as the extras that came with thetwelve I bought, I hope that's the case otherwise I'll just throw them in my mix flock and find a different breeder. Anyone know of any that are good but don't cost a fortune

Back
Top Bottom