Lavender patterned Isabel duckwing barred - lavender brown cuckoo barred - project and genetic dis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Here's a third pen:
P1060535.JPG

These guys were fine when they were little tykes and now it is time I moved them to better accommodations. Silver Jackson and two Twin males are in here -- along with three females, two Jackson and one twin.
P1060558.JPG

So in this photo you can see Silver's heft.... and his bedraggled wet tail - but then I said it was a rainy day didn't I? ;O)
P1060557.JPG

Wet tail and all, here is the Twin male that will be used for breeding. Nicer white in earlobes than Silver Jackson, more barring in the tail -- definite warm color in the neck hackles -- super straight 'duckwing' bar -- and he has that peach color in his wing triangle.......
P1060555.JPG

There are three females in that pen-- and one is crested so she is eliminated from a breeder for this project....that leaves two -- one a bit more creamy in the hackles - the other a bit less --- Should have gotten better pictures.
Astonishingly there are only 3 females that I consider 'ideal' to breed for the color and one (Sweetheart) that is borderline. -- There is another pen with 7-chickens in -- one non-barred male and one non-barred female -- both crested that could be a good pair for someone -- but they won't be in the project -- and those are all younger.......
so that's the inklings of how the fall breeding season will be shaping up.

Attachments

• P1060554.JPG
    P1060554.JPG
    650.4 KB · Views: 4
I'm on the way now...to pick up Iris!
I love her!

Nooooooooooooooooo --- she is going to be the one who lays the egg that contains the male that has double barring, is autosexing as a chick and will be the 'proof of the pudding' for the whole project....
:lau
:clap
Yes, I do tell her that when I give her a pep talk. Which reminds me:

Nooooooooooooooooo --- she is going to be the one who lays the egg that contains the male that has double barring, is autosexing as a chick and will be the 'proof of the pudding' for the whole project....
:clap
Like I said..
I'm on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom