Lavender patterned Isabel duckwing barred - lavender brown cuckoo barred - project and genetic dis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
It's all okay here.... WAS just thinking of you and your location and logged on to send you a note.
Harvey to come ashore tonight again in Western LA this time. Hope you and yours can stay safe and dry. Tomorrow's going to be our turn for Harvey. I hear that LA gov at Lake Charles.
My rain total is >17" now.

It's all okay here.... WAS just thinking of you and your location and logged on to send you a note.
Harvey to come ashore tonight again in Western LA this time. Hope you and yours can stay safe and dry. Tomorrow's going to be our turn for Harvey. I hear that LA gov at Lake Charles.
My rain total is >17" now.

Not sure on our total. We're dry as we can be, for now. I'm still turning the birds out daily, but I went and caught the feral banty cochins so I can shelter them. They've been on their own for around a month, finding their own food and shelter. Pretty impressive. The kids haven't had school so far, and won't tomorrow. The uskichitto and calcasieu rivers are our biggest threats, but that will be several days from now.

Kat, thought you might like this picture. Not sure if it is Amethyst or Opal.
image.jpg

Not sure of this little guy's exact parentage (just an oops clutch from a volunteer broody) but he always follows me around while I'm doing chores. The other five stay with mama.
image.jpg

@ChicKat, how are you doing??
:thumbsup
Thanks for posting!!
IT is so great to see some heart-warming photos! been looking at too many shots of the damage - and this is a whole other world. They're pretty birds. :love

Just got power back so I'm catching up -- still raining here but slowing down perceptibly! I have gotten 25 1/2 inches -- about 1/2 of my normal annual rainfall, since Friday. We won't know what to do once we see the sun again -- will we?

Love your birds.....:highfive:

Kat...I hope you are getting the same sun shine I have been getting today.
:yesss:

Everything's ducky here. Seems strange to go to the pens and not come in drenched.

So glad you made it through. I lost the thread 'hurricane advice' - and subsequently lost power for awhile...was envisioning your helicopter evacuation in wedding dress. What you went though was harrowing. Glad you're getting back to normal!

"whew" in big letters....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom